TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    "Flashing question"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Flashing question" Login/Join 
posted
Ok, here is an intersting scenario.....

A girl in middle school (age 14) flashes her breasts to a boy in middle school (age 14) and the boy complains to the principal. The police are called, what is the criminal offense?

John

Posts: 115 | Location: Andrews, Texas | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would this boy complain? He should consider himself lucky.

No crime. Principal should give a slap on the wrist.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's only an interesting scenario because this strange boy complained. He's probably the only 14 year old boy in history who has complained of seeing a girl's breasts. It's interesting from a sociological standpoint. Having worked in the juvenile system before, I also hate the trend of school officials to treat absolutely everything as a crime, and not evaluate certain behavior as a disciplinary matter.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no state law generally proscribing bare breasts for males or females. The only exception I can see is Sexual Performance by a Child at Section 43.25, and that would require another to authorize or induce the conduct.
The city might have an ordinance making such conduct illegal. I know that Houston, for example, has some sort of bare breasts ordinance.

Posts: 71 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jane, why not scare the be-geezes out of the girl, send the boy to therapy and leave the justice system out!
Big Grin

Posts: 56 | Location: Plainview, Texas | Registered: September 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I must be sooooooo old. When I was in school, it was every guys burning passion to get a look at boobies, or to go to second and third base. A guy would have been pummelled who complained about a freebie.

However, time marches on. I must say, it is quite refreshing to find a young man that is offended by the unsolicitated viewing, and thought enough to complain about it. As we consider breasts a sign of sexuality in our country (even girls gone wild is PPV), we would be quite offended if a young male offered an unsolicitated view of his 'sexuality' to a young female. Maybe the law should keep up with the times?

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could it be disorderly conduct (offensive display in a public place) if the young man were incited to respond with a breach of the peace (see Girls Gone Wild for examples)? I saw a show on COPS recently in which they made many arrests of women making such a display when on the streets of New Orleans during Mardi Gras (apparently you don't get arrested if the display is made from a balcony).

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This forum has needed some new sources of authority to guide our decisions-- COPS and GGW sound good to me.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoopee! Now I can tell my wife that John Bradley, one of the most respected prosecutors in Texas, watches COPS! Then perhaps "she who must be obeyed" will let me watch it in peace?

BTW John, your presentation at the elected's conference in San Antonio was great!

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
In the boy's defense, they could have been ugly breasts...those are never good.

I watch Cops, though I constantly find myself yelling at the TV.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only complaint is that it's so easy to identify the bad guy on COPS-- he's the one who can't get any service (because he's not wearing a shirt or shoes). Consequently, I'm always kind of concerned when I mow the yard with no shirt on; Dallas's finest might think I'm half-guilty of something.

Posts: 8 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think we should tease John for watching COPS. He only admitted to watching the boobie arrest episode (one viewing doesn't make him a fan). I'm sure he watched it from a purely academic viewpoint, reviewing the adequacy of the evidence AND arrest procedure Smile.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watch it for the theme song. And the good articles. Wait, that's Playboy. Never mind.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as the boy complaining, well, that was somewhat of unexpected response. I had a hard time convincing the people involved that no crime was committed.

John

Posts: 115 | Location: Andrews, Texas | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, what do the prosecutors in Houston charge Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson with?

Posts: 273 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indecent Lip-Synching--I know I saw that in the Penal Code somewhere.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Houston PD says, "No charges."