TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What bail bond conditions do you have?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What bail bond conditions do you have? Login/Join 
posted
I was wondering what kind of bond conditions, if any, that you all put on non-sex related offenses. Article 1 Section 11(b) of the Constitution allows us to deny a defendant's bond if he violated a condition related to the safety of the victim or the community. Does that mean we can have a condition that the defendant not committ another felony or assault related misdemeanor and if they committ such an act then we may deny them bond?

Thanks for your help. Right now, in our county we only have conditions of bond for sex offenses and I was wondering what other people were doing to take advantage of Section 11(b) since 11(a) is time consuming, can be appealed directly to the Court of Criminal Appeals, and only lasts for 60 days.

Posts: 67 | Location: Sulphur Springs, TX | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you'll get me an e-mail address, I'll send you a copy of what we use for non-sex offenders.

Robert DuBoise
Assistant District Attorney
Parker County, Texas
rduboise@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can send you a copy of our bond conditions as well. E-mail me at ken.sparks@co.colorado.tx.us.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post