TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What's the offense(s)???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the offense(s)??? Login/Join 
posted
A TDCJ inmate in a county far away produces a document entitled "Contract of Agreement" which purports to be an agreement for the purchase of a mobile home in my county. The agreement provides that the inmate agrees to pay a sum of money in installments as the purchase price. The agreement provides that when the purchase price is paid in full that the mobile home will then be available for the inmate to take possession of (poor grammar, I know...). The agreement is an obvious forgery. The inmate then files a lawsuit in my county against a public official (the alleged seller of the mobile home) esssentially alleging breach of contract. The suit alleges that the "seller" has disposed of the mobile home thereby depriving the inmate-buyer of it. Now, I see an obvious forgery of the public official's signature... and perhaps forgery by passing here in my county since the "contract of agreement" is an attachment to the civil petition. This guy is doing a long stretch in the joint so even an enhanced state jail felony is not going to hurt him much. I've considered Tampering but I'm not sure if it fits. Any ideas as to what offense(s) can be charged? Thanks.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perjury is class A but if you let him testify in the hearing where this civil case gets poured out he could work himself up 3rd degree aggravated perjury.

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sec. 32.32. FALSE STATEMENT TO OBTAIN PROPERTY OR CREDIT.

This one is maybe a stretch but it scales from class C all the way up to 1st degree depending on the value of the property. Gotta protect those banks!

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post