TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Probation Revocation HRG Required
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Probation Revocation HRG Required Login/Join 
posted
Are probation revocation hearings required even when there exists an obvious violation, such as a subsequent felony conviction? I am aware of one defendant who was sentenced to 5 yrs. for evading, but the facility where he's serving his time reflects he has 10 yrs. to serve. He previously was given a 10 yr. suspended sentence as part of probation, but no hearing was ever held after the most recent evading conviction. Am I missing something? Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm a former prosecutor now doing primarily civil work for the govt.

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revocation of probation merely requires due process. There are also provisions for revocation in absentia if the defendant consents.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand due process is required. My question is a hearing required pursuant thereto?

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post