TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Refusal to assist Blood Search Warrant execution
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refusal to assist Blood Search Warrant execution Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Doctors and preachers, unless they are victims of violent offenses, often see their role to only help those in trouble. Hospitals and churches are places of "refuge" for the weary, downtrodden members of society who keep being held down by the MAN..........

Honestly - I had a preacher ask me one time why the State always bumped him of a venire. I told him flat out, "you're in the forgiveness business. When a defendant is in Court, his soul may belong to God, but his ass belongs to the State". He actually agreed.

I have had doctors tell me, flat out, that they are in the business of saving lives, not assisting in prosecution. They don't think it's "their place", with their hypocitic (oops) oath, to help lock someone up - it would just deter people from seeking much needed medical attention.

And who gripes loudest about wanting the MAXIMUM punishment when they are victims? HMMMMM.

Keep the P professions off your jury - psychologists, psychiatrists, preachers, phiolosophers, prosecutors (they are always so critical), and plumbers (actually plumbers are pretty solid)....

But I digress......

There is a marked tendency now more than ever for hospitals and their personnel not to want to get involved. After all, if the hospital assisted, they would have to send someone to testify, and blah, blah, blah, plus HPPA (sp?) and liability issues, on and on and on....... And who is going to pay for all of this?

Of course, jurors don't want to get involved - I actually had to strike a juror because he couldn't sit on an aggravated sexual assault of a child case because he "couldn't listen to such offensive stuff"......

And how many of you have stopped to help a stranded motorist or given a guy a lift in the 100+ degreee heat of the Texas sun?

Just a little reminder - we all stand together or fall together. Doesn't hurt to help.

Posts: 48 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: June 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post