TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Theft of Drugs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Theft of Drugs Login/Join 
posted
EMT stealing drugs. I've looked and can't find it as anything but plain ol theft, or are we missing something? (not including Possession, etc.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the EMT privately employed? If he works for the government (e.g., hospital district, city or county), it might be abuse of official capacity (39.02). If the EMT doesn't work for the government, and depending on what drugs he stole, it might also be possession of a dangerous drug (H&S 483.041), but then again, that would probably be within the "possession" milieu you're looking to get out of, right?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about whether the agency he works for is Govt. or private but will find out.
As for the drug, I'm waiting to hear what penalty group it is (Nambien if anyone knows off the top of their head). Both the Poss CS and Abuse would be out of DA's office.
For some reason I had it in my head that theft of drugs was different than the normal theft, but not sure where I got that or why I think it. Just seems that Class B is a little low.
This makes me think of another Q. The value assessed to the drugs? What the Hospital or EMT Agency paid for it or what it would be billed at if administered? (pretty sure can't use street value, whatever that may be)

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you mean Ambien rather than Nambien?

Janette Ansolabehere

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nambien is the generic version of Ambien, the sleeping drug we have probably all seen commercials for.

the active drug found in Ambien/Nambien is Zolpidem.

Zolpidem is a Penalty Group 3 drug.

Posts: 65 | Location: Athens, TX - Henderson County | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drug Diversion statute, look at (a)(5)(A), (B), or (C)

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post