TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    11.072 alleging everything under the sun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11.072 alleging everything under the sun Login/Join 
posted
I've got an 11.072 writ alleging everything under the sun - probation order and registration requirements are illegal, ineffective assistance of counsel, statute unconstitutional, request for new trial, actual innocence (plus an alternative actual innocence), and involuntary plea. The defendant is on deferred for Online Solicitation of a Minor. This writ application appeared shortly after the defendant was arrested for a motion to adjudicate and revoke his probation.

I have never done anything appellate-y. I've read the TDCAA writ book, the code, this forum (and the appellate) and I'm still drowning in thoughts of "what do I do?!?!"

Long story short...help!

Posts: 52 | Location: 21st District | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a common tactic. For the long term I would recommend that you check out the University of Texas Richard O. Dawson Conference on Criminal Appeals. This is presented every two years and this year it was recorded and can now be viewed online. I highly recommend it if you are going to be doing post-conviction matters. In the mean time if you have any questions on your current matter feel free to email me at g.bunyard@co.llano.tx.us. I have dealt with 11.072 writ applications a few times now.

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post