TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Impact of the DWI Surcharge
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impact of the DWI Surcharge Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Patterson estimates the couple now owe the Texas Department of Public Safety about $5,000 a year in surcharges.

"You can't get ahead - it's just impossible," said Patterson, who makes $10 an hour making caps for containers. "I can't take care of it - I want to, but I can't."

"I went to court and gave my pound of flesh," Patterson said. "I paid my dues."

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whitmire, D-Houston, said lawmakers should modify and consider repealing the Driver Responsibility Program, which includes a surcharge of $1,000 annually for three years for first-time driving-while-intoxicated offenders. The many motorists who do not pay face suspension of their driver's licenses, which Whitmire and law officers said means more people on the road without licenses or insurance.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's shameless.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David H:
Wow, that's shameless.

The spam ad to which David refers has been nuked.