TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Killing Crows and Magpies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killing Crows and Magpies Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If it is a quiche with spinach, it's "Mag Popeye Pie"

Posts: 9 | Location: Orange, Tx | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not really confuse and call it a Magpie tart?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually it wouldn't have real magpies in it, only the fake clay heads that whistle...maybe the name for a new band, now that I think about it....Fake Clay Heads that Whistle.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems a dish worthy of filling up the bored royalty's time but I wouldn't want to be one of King Henry's many wives. I'm guessing the 24 refers to the number of monasteries' deeds King Henry had. This man I'm sure ate many a pie:

Posts: 55 | Location: College Station, TX, USA | Registered: January 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.godecookery.com/engrec/engrec03.html

The nice thing about this recipe is that you are not restricted to using blackbirds--sparrows, starlings, in fact all sorts of birds can be put in this pie, and then watch your family smile as they dig into this kingly dish!

[This message was edited by Terry Breen on 12-10-09 at .]

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post