Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unusual Defenses Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think there is a good iPhone app that describes how to defend yourself against a zombie attack. Might want to check that out before Halloween.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! There really is an app for everything. Smile

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And an ap for almost nothing!

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A.P., an app just for you:

Details.

A clue from the description: "It doesn't take too much skill to play this little banjo here..." (And overrated at two and a half stars.)

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, JB.
But I'm having trouble loading it onto my 8-track.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hold down the rewind and play buttons at the same time.

posted Hide Post
A jury convicted a Florida man today of murdering his former son-in-law, rejecting the man's defense that he was too fat to have run up and down a flight of stairs to commit the crime and make a quick getaway.

Details.

posted Hide Post
The characters that video game users choose for themselves � their avatars � can affect their thoughts and emotions in those virtual environments, whether it's Mario or Luigi or the colors of a football uniform, according to research by a University of Texas communication studies professor.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Affluenza

The term affluenza was popularized in the late 1990s by Jessie O’Neill, the granddaughter of a past president of General Motors, when she wrote the book The Golden Ghetto: The Psychology of Affluence. It has since been used to describe a condition in which children – generally from richer families – have a sense of entitlement, are irresponsible, make excuses for poor behavior, and sometimes dabble in drugs and alcohol, explained Dr. Gary Buffone, a Jacksonville, Fla., psychologist who does family wealth advising.

Details.

posted Hide Post
After a Texas teen from a wealthy family avoided jail time, many are wondering whether the case has set a precedent for "affluenza," the affliction a psychologist cited in the trial.

Details.

posted Hide Post
A FAIL

Don't even get me started on the junk science of Affluenza! How it came in and why a judge would listen to the drivel is Kafkaesque.

On a lighter note - I had a doper selling to an undercover "drive up" cop. The defense counsel, who opined his client was "difficult", asked to borrow the tape of the transaction (multi camera with excellent resolution and clarity) and show it to his client in the jail. The attorney came back red faced. His client admitted that his face was in the video as the dealer, but he insisted he was not guilty, "because I don't own a shirt like that", the defendant claimed. We came close to trial, but, alas, the defendant caved. I really wanted him to get on the stand and see the defendant make the claim to a jury. There are times when I won't waive a jury, but this is one where I knew the judge would be pretty frustrated if I took it to 12 good citizens for a laugh.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the 720 days in jail can cure Mr. Couch of his Affluenza.

Details

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post