TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Paris Hilton speaks out on drunken elephants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paris Hilton speaks out on drunken elephants Login/Join 
posted
(I thought about using a different subject line, but really, how can you improve on that one??)

Associated Press
GAUHATI, India - With Rwanda off her charity calendar, Paris Hilton has turned her attention to the plight of ... drunken elephants in India.

"The elephants get drunk all the time. It is becoming really dangerous. We need to stop making alcohol available to them," the 26-year-old socialite was quoted as saying by the World Entertainment News Network's Web site.

Read more

And we think we have problems with drunks here in Texas!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But do the elephants refuse to take Intoxilyzer tests?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't believe there is implied consent over there. Big Grin

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shame on you for picking on the poor girl for raising awareness of such a serious problem. Here's the proof:

Drunken animials

Razz

(Kinda reminds me of that scene in Dumbo...in fact, I wonder if that's how Paris became aware of the cause)

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dumbo was the original drunk elephant.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paris Hilton advocates against making alcohol available to elephants? Yes, I'll have some irony with my surreality, please.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CORRECTIVE: Paris Hilton Story
GAUHATI, India � In a Nov. 13 story, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that Paris Hilton was praised by conservationists for highlighting the problem of binge-drinking elephants in northeastern India. Lori Berk, a publicist for Hilton, said she never made any comments about helping drunken elephants in India.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's right. Because the elephants don't have a problem, man. They can stop drinking any time they want, so get off their backs!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's hope she can find a lingerie store before traveling abroad. Maybe Fruit of the Loom could sponsor her trip?

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post