TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Okla. Passes Meth Bill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okla. Passes Meth Bill Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I understand everyone's opposition to the drug itself. But I don't understand the determination to stick with the same response (prohibition) that is very expensive and is not working. Maybe some of y'all are convinced that prohibition is the best we can do, but I am not. That's why I brought it up.

I have enjoyed the debate, and as usual I have learned something from this board. That's why I come here.

John, the approach I would take w/kids would be to encourage them in the strongest way possible, by word and deed, to stay away from meth, regardless of what the law says about it.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just stopped in at the local neighborhood Eckerd's on the way home and discovered that they are now keeping all the Sudafed products behind the pharmacy counter. I made sure to tell the manager that I supported their policy. The manager said they did it because it was such a high theft item, and that they'd even caught children stealing packages of Sudafed. I'm sure Little Johnny just had bad allergies.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great -- maybe prescriptions are next. . .
The Cost of Meth Prohibition

Posts: 143 | Location: Fort Worth | Registered: August 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The author of this article is a whiner. Just because she was slightly inconvenienced doesn't mean it's a bad policy. I know we are seeing a lot fewer meth labs in our county than we saw several years ago, before the pseudoephedrine policies went into effect.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First she says:

After all, what we're effectively talking about is making it impossible for people to unplug a stuffy nose without going to a doctor.

That's her description of having to show an id and sign a form. Really. You go to the counter, you show your identification then you sign your name on a piece of paper. To her, that's 'impossible'.

Then she argues that the 'shake and bake' method is more dangerous because you have to use your hands. Clearly she has no idea how Ether and Anhydrous Ammonia get along with the warm and fuzzy open flame.

The selfishness of reporters is astounding.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think she just meant one would have to go to a doctor to get Sudafed if the plan to make it prescription-only succeeds.

Posts: 143 | Location: Fort Worth | Registered: August 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Sudafed becomes prescription-only, at least we could seek reimbursement from our Health Savings Accounts.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, you can seek reimbursement for over-the-counter meds from your flex plans. You can also get reimbursed for band-aids and other medical supplies. It indicates on some receipts what is flex plan eligible and what is not.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post