TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DWI 1st, BAC >0.15 and Interlock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWI 1st, BAC >0.15 and Interlock Login/Join 
posted
As I understand the currect 42.12 law, if you blow over 0.15 you have an interlock installed during any community supervision.

However, if I want to plead someone without the interlock, am I correct in that all I have to do it not allege the 0.15 in the plea papers or judgement?

Cory Kneeland

Posts: 8 | Location: Orange, Texas, USA | Registered: May 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a .15 breath test, why in the world would you do the defendant any favors? Is there some compelling reason why he should be allowed to drive without an interlock?

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Include the interlock. It is part of the punishment designed to have a deterrent effect.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no one within 50 miles of us who offers the interlock, and they won't come to our community - that's one reason for not doing it!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the interlock company and its representatives will not come to your area to install the interlock device on the convicted defendant's car, then why can the trial court not require the convicted defendant to take his or her car to the company's location for installation?

Stated differently, if the mountain will not come to Mohammed, can't Mohammed still go to the mountain?

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To answer your question, yes, just don't include the .015 paragraph in your plea papers. But to jump on the bandwagon, if the dude is over .015, he is really, really messed up and needs to be punished hard.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with what both sides said here...

He was tanked, and I will TCB on this one

Cory Kneeland

Posts: 8 | Location: Orange, Texas, USA | Registered: May 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Peterson:
There is no one within 50 miles of us who offers the interlock, and they won't come to our community - that's one reason for not doing it!

You just need to make it worth their while...give interlock to every DWI defendant!

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wes,

I love the way you think man!! Wink Wink

Posts: 22 | Registered: August 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one thinks we might go a little easier on this guy who cooperated and blew, rather than punishing him further for NOT hiding the ball?

Posts: 51 | Location: Montogmery County | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the insanity of DWI law. It's all over the place. Tell the defendant, when he gets his DL, that he is officially consenting to provide breath or blood upon a DWI arrest. Then, when he is faced with providing that sample (while he is drunk), give him new information that he can refuse, but then it will be used against him. Of course, should he then consent (again?), punish him for blowing too high. I tell you, it's enough to drive a man or woman to drink.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post