TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Editing Software
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Editing Software Login/Join 
posted
What editing software does your office use? I have read the previous post about Sanction and iMovie for Macs. I don't think we need anything as comprehensive as Sanction and so far, out county hasn't bought us any Macs. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Posts: 55 | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on what you want it to do. For editing Windows movie files, you can use VirtualDub or Windows Movie Maker. For working with JPEG or GIF files (photos) I like FastStone Image Viewer (it's freeware). If you want to display photos for trial, then PowerPoint can do the job, but you have to do more prepwork ahead of time.

Posts: 21 | Location: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: November 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are mainly dealing with audio and video editing. Also, we need something that's user-friendly.

Posts: 55 | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are now receiving all of our DWI cases on DVD or CD. We use Windows Movie Maker to edit the video and audio portions of the tape. In the event that you have a true DVD--you will need something similar to Aimersoft DVD Ripper to turn the DVD format into a manageable format (i.e. AVI or WAV).

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Audacity (free) or Sony Sound Forge for audio and Adobe Premiere Elements or Windows Movie Maker for video.

Posts: 42 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: June 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our IT people have us evaluating Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, which includes Sound Forge and is under $100. We haven't gotten to play with it much yet, but it looks promising. I've never had much luck trying to edit longer videos with Movie Maker, but the biggest problem with that may have had to do with never having the right codecs for our agencies' videos. If you can get free software like Movie Maker and Audacity to do what you need, that's hard to beat. Audacity works so well for audio you almost feel guilty not paying for it.

Posts: 49 | Location: Midland, Texas, USA | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you want to rip your DVD to your iPhone?
Do you want to convert your video to put them on your iPhone?
Do you want to transfer your video/music from your iPod/iPhone to your PC?
Now with only one Aiseesoft DVD to iPhone Suite you can resolve the questions above.
Download Aiseesoft DVD to iPhone Suite
This DVD to iPhone Suite includes three professional converters.
(1) Aiseesoft DVD to iPhone Converter.
(2) Aiseesoft iPhone Movie Converter.
(3) Aiseesoft iPod to computer Transfer.

With this powerful DVD to iPhone Suite you can:
(1) Convert any DVD to your iPhone supported video format.
(2) convert most pupular video formats such as MPEG, WMV, AVI, DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb to your iPhone playable video formats.
(3) Transfer or backup your favorite videos and music from your iPod/iPhone to your computer.
Just have a try to get a wonderful experience.

Best DVD Ripper
Mac DVD Ripper
Best Video Converter
Mac Video Converter

Posts: 1 | Location: ���� | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apart from the spam ads above, what is the best software (i.e. simple) to redact or mute a section of audio from a dvd, when ordered to do so by a judge.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Mac users, iMovie is just fine. Problem these days is that many police departments have purchased digital recording equipment that relies upon proprietary software to get the job done. That means the DA's office, if it wants to view the DVD, needs a password or a copy of the proprietary software. Often means that the DA's office can't alter the original without purchasing a license from the software company. There are some products out there that will overcome this issue, but it gets complicated. That's why we have one person in our office responsible for learning this stuff and keeping a record of what software you need for each department's digital recordings.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post