TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Demonstrative Evidence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Demonstrative Evidence Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know of a source where I can find/purchase items to use for demonstrative evidence, like a human skeleton, styrofoam body, and similar items in cases where we want to show the injury to the body, path of the bullet etc.?

Posts: 38 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: March 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to anatomical.com -- The company name is Anatomical Chart Company...they have a 5'6" skeleton for under $300. Also have torsos, skulls, all kinds of body parts -- w/or w/o skin, according to your particular preference.
Their 800 number is: 1-800-621-7500.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for mannequins (no internal organs), then local department stores seem to be your best bets, in terms of price. Beauty-type stores have styrofoam heads.

If you're looking for more anatomically correct models, I found a few places online. Prices varied from $49.95 to hundreds of dollars:

* www.einsteins-emporium.com/science/human-anatomy

* www.japson.com

* www.store.britannica.com/escalate/store

* www.buyamag.com/cgi-bin/html/anatomic.htm

* www.microscope.org/human-anatomy/

* www.allheart.com/anatomical-charts-and-models-anatomical-models.html

In El Paso, they use a local store: Ram Fixture & Display, 6966 Gateway East, El Paso, 915-779-3726.

If you can believe it, this is the third inquiry we've had at TDCAA this week about where to buy body models! We'd sure appreciate any other information any of the rest of you have about it.

Posts: 115 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: November 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 61 | Location: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there are some great resources online you can use for in-court powerpoint presentations.

Plaintiff's attorney howard nations has an interesting compiled list of resources at www.howardnations.com

You can also find thousands of graphics and images you can use to make charts, graphs, posters etc at www.corbis.com

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to find the time to learn to use Power Point for over two years. I know it could be very effective in the courtroom. (Even if we were displaying it on a large television, since our commissioners won't spring for the projector.) I also know that many TDCAA members are proficient in the program. Has anyone given any thought to teaching some sort of class on courtroom presentations using Power Point? I'd be the first to sign up!

Posts: 77 | Location: Nacogdoches County, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stephanie,

We have been using PP for the last three years. Our courthouse is being renovated and we begged the commisioners to hardwire the court rooms with PP projectors. They would not hear of it (too expensive). So for three years I have been pushing our projector around on a small computer cart while using a portable screen ($800.00). We have now talked to several civil law firms and they have agreed to supply the equipment and have the court rooms wired for us. (projectors and drop down screens)
The civil firms have been using PP for a long time and having the court rooms wired for it makes life easy for them and provides us with the equipment without us having to pay for anything except maintenance. Maybe you could try that angle. Good luck.
K.C.

Posts: 19 | Registered: June 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post