TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Oh, S___!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, S___! Login/Join 
posted
So, would this be a crime in Texas?

Woman faces jail time, fine for cursing at her toilet

Associated Press

SCRANTON, Pa. Talk about a potty mouth.

A Scranton woman who allegedly shouted profanities at her overflowing toilet within earshot of a neighbor was cited for disorderly conduct, authorities said.

Dawn Herb could face up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $300.

"It doesn't make any sense. I was in my house. It's not like I was outside or drunk," Herb told The Times-Tribune of Scranton. "The toilet was overflowing and leaking down into the kitchen and I was yelling (for my daughter) to get the mop."

Herb doesn't recall exactly what she said, but she admitted letting more than a few choice words fly near an open bathroom window Thursday night.

Her next-door neighbor, a city police officer who was off-duty at the time, asked her to keep it down, police said. When she continued, the officer called police.

Mary Catherine Roper, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union in Philadelphia, took issue with the citation.

"You can't prosecute somebody for swearing at a cop or a toilet," she said.

[And, for extra credit, how does this compare to the Texas case saying it ain't a crime to shoot the bird? For details, click here.]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I refuse to make any "potty mouth" jokes.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a commodious view you have of the issue.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she should be more careful when making explosive vowel movements.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread stinks.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
perhaps they should wipe it off the board.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i know, i know, it's a shitty joke.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
i know, i know, it's a shitty joke.

This lower case thing is starting to bother me, ee.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry.

posted Hide Post
don'T apologizE.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL. ROFL.

posted Hide Post
How did they dispatch the call to the investigating officers? Is the moral of the story that you should close your bathroom window if you plan on cursing your commode? Somehow I think the liberal Pennsylvania Supreme Court is not going to let this one stand, even if the prosecutor decides to pursue it.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Peterson:
How did they dispatch the call to the investigating officers?

I think the call came in that a woman was cursing her toilet in all lower case letters.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that, unlike this lady's toilet, the Supreme Court will probably flush this case down the tubes.

Posts: 22 | Location: Liberty, Texas, USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hasn't this lady heard of a #@$!&*! plunger? This really $#@%es me off!

What's that? Why, no, officer. I couldn't be disturbing the posters on this forum. I was using cap and lower case.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the call came in that a woman was cursing her toilet in all lower case letters.

little turd

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a crappy comment, Dan.

posted Hide Post
My mother says we shouldn't use the word "crappy." Did you know that the toilet was invented and/or improved by Thomas Crapper?

posted Hide Post
Was there a need for us to know that? Is that where crap comes from? Guess not, Middle English crappe-long before the toilet.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the riddles in the movie Scavenger Hunt mentioned that the toilet was "invented by a man named Crapper". I could not believe that, so I looked it up. Roddy McDowell, James Cocco, and Cleavon Little's team (The Servant's Team) got stuck in a bathroom trying to remove a toilet from the Hotel St. Claire.