TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    TX Criminal Pattern Jury Charges
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TX Criminal Pattern Jury Charges Login/Join 
posted
It is still early, but how widespread is the adoption of the State Bar's Texas Criminal Pattern Jury Charges series? (which is not yet complete)

Early returns in my office are negative. But old habits die hard.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a member of the committee--along with a number of other prosecutors, trial judges, appellate judges, defense attorneys, and law professors--I can relay your thoughts, observations, criticisms, and even praises.

Inevitably, by creating pattern charges, conventions are challenged. Nevertheless, uniformity should not sacrifice clarity or accuracy.

The scale of the project has required multiple volumes and their creation is still in progress. A third volume will be released soon for charges on crimes against persons. Meantime, with the legislature in session, the earlier volumes will require updating.

All this is to say, if you want to have input, now is a great time to do so.

If anyone wishes to share their comments less conspiciously, please email me: stride@tdcaa.com.

MW, I didn't meant to hijack your post. You timely raised a topic that could use some development. Thanks.

[This message was edited by John A. Stride on 02-22-11 at .]

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post