TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Modern Confessions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modern Confessions Login/Join 
posted
News articles are starting to report confessions that use modern technology. The digital generation, which has a lowered expectation of privacy from living online, seems to be OK with public confessions. Put a link to your stories.

First up:

A driver has confessed in a video posted online that he's to blame for a wrong-way car crash stemming from a night of heavy drinking that killed another man and says he's willing to take "full responsibility."

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Butt Dialed Confessions

Butt-dialing is when someone accidentally calls a number with their phone in their pocket. Usually the results are pretty boring—just some muffled background noises. It gets less boring, however, when the number accidentally dialed is 911. It happens thousands of times every day and has become a real problem for police, who don’t have the resources to follow each one up. But every now and then, they strike the jackpot with crooks who butt-dial 911 in the middle of a crime.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twitter has a hashtag devoted to them:

Details.

posted Hide Post
There are lots of websites devoted to posting confessions, generally anonymously. One has wonder about the truthfulness of many of the posts. But this one is leading people to try and uncover the truth:

Details.

posted Hide Post
More coverage of the YouTube confession.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Pay attention, Catholic readers. This is important: the Vatican doesn’t want you confessing to your iPhone.

Details.

posted Hide Post
JB, your "butt dialed" post above reminds me of my eldest daughter's "butt dialed" confession, of a sort.

When she was about 17 and supposed to be at a friends, it seems she visited a bar area in a nearby college town. While there she got quite inebriated.

About 2:00 AM, while enjoying her cool beverages and meal for the second time that evening, she butt dialed me. Being a diligent prosecutor who frequently takes late night calls from LEOs, I answered the call. I spent the next 20 minutes listening to her regurgitate while her friends attempted to ease her pain. The phone call concluded with a friend stating "OH S**t!, YOU CALLED YOUR DAD!" Then ..... silence. I simply texted her "Dearest Daughter, please contact your father at your earliest convenience to discuss the evenings festivities"

It was a very long day for her the next day. In fact, the next several months were kinda long.

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About once a month, I get a butt dialed call. Usually just the sound of someone walking down a street or getting in a car. But sometimes, there are awkward things said.

Perhaps more people should consider having a security code for their phone...

posted Hide Post
Are you sure you're comfortable with that post about your daughter in a public forum? Your identity is public, and thus your daughter's identity is public too. We also can deduce easily which nearby college town you are referring to.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuck:
I simply texted her "Dearest Daughter, please contact your father at your earliest convenience to discuss the evenings festivities"

That. Was. AWESOME.
Big Grin

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You taking notes, Shannon?