TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Prosecutor of the World
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prosecutor of the World Login/Join 
posted
The international criminal court is looking for a good prosecutor, and I'm thinking Texas is the place to look. The international community actually has something good to say about American prosecutors, indicating they might be the best source of a world prosecutor.

And can you imagine a better title than "Prosecutor of the World"? For details, go to http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/16/international/europe/16COUR.html. For a job application, go to: http://www.icc-cpi.int/home.php?l=EN.

Anyone interested? You have to be elected by a majority of the countries participating in the court, of which USA is not a member. But don't worry, it's a secret ballot.

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 03-16-03 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I nominate John Bradley. Proseuctors of Texas..UNITE!

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they ever need a PERsecutor of the World, maybe DUER would quit being a DEfense lawyer and we could nominate him.............

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently, the member countries of the International Criminal Court have not been able to agree upon a Prosecutor of the World. In fact, it appears they have not been able to come up with a single person to nominate. Consequently, the nomination period has been extended into April. For details, go to nomination details.

Take advantage of this great opportunity before it passes!

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where does the court sit, and if you get the job do they give you a parking spot?

Posts: 273 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sits in downtown Baghdad... they will begin leveling a spot for the parking area very soon now...

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The court's permanent location won't be completed for several years. The current location is in a building in The Hague, Netherlands. The offical languages of the court are English and French. You have to use French, though, only when giving up.

posted Hide Post
I hope no one really believes this World Court will be anything more than one more forum to play a little catch-up on the good old US of A!

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have twice e-mailed the International Criminal Court, through their web site, asking for an application form. All I get back is some officious sounding answer that redirects me to the web site. They won't tell me how you get nominated!

posted Hide Post
John,are you thinking of moving to The Netherlands?

Posts: 126 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: October 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, there are Judges on the Court from Latvia, Ghana, Cyprus and Mali, but none from the gousa. What chance hath a red-nekked pros from geedub's home state? Razz

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A man can dream, can't he?

Hey, John Brown, why isn't the opening posted on the TDCAA Job Bank? Just what is it that you do?

posted Hide Post
Argentina is the lucky winner of title of Home of the Prosecutor of the World. For details, go to Press Release from International Court. Hey, he has to hire some assistants, right?

posted Hide Post
Montevideo in September? Wouldn't suck. Wink

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is Mike Little, and why is he PERsecuting me?

I don't think I know him, but maybe I am mistaken. Or, maybe he thinks I'm from Houston (which I am not).

Oh, well...The job's filled, anyway!

Ta.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, seeing no reply to my last post, am I to understand that I am NOT the "Duer" referred to in Mr. Little's last post?

posted Hide Post
Now I would have sworn that Duer promised he was taking his ball home and wouldn't play any more. So much for trusting the defense bar.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought he was gone, Dan.

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you who thought I was leaving this entire criminal law forum (based upon my post on another thread): you are correct. I had intended to leave for good. (Let the pigeons loose! )

However, a prosecutor acquaintance of mine informed me of the unwarranted attack upon my character (by Mike Little), and so I responded.

I notice that Mr. Little has yet to acknowledge whether he thinks I am the "Great Satan" Duer of his nightmares, or whether he just made a mistake.

Anyway, I will continue to monitor this site, seeing as how I may need to continue to defend myself against scurrilous accusations...

Later,

Duer

posted Hide Post
John Duer is a fine local Williamson County criminal defense attorney. He formerly worked as a misdemeanor prosecutor for Willamson and Brazos Counties. He eventually found that his true calling was criminal defense.

I have tried several criminal cases against him and have one to be scheduled sometime this year on a murder case. Frankly, it makes my job much easier knowing that an educated, committed legal mind will be representing the defendant.

Now, it is true that he, like many prosecutors, will wax rhetorical and take offense at even the slightest criticizing words of opposing counsel, but, all in all, he is a decent, hardworking person who does a job I could not do.

As prosecutors, we do our best work when we separate our personal feelings about individuals and philosophical points of view from our professional work. And the same goes for the comments on this User Group.

I'm not saying I always follow my own advice. But I will try.