TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Statutory confession warnings in Spanish
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Statutory confession warnings in Spanish Login/Join 
posted
I'm preparing a card for local officers with the 38.22 confession warnings in English and Spanish. My problem is that I took French in high school. Does anyone have a tried and true Spanish translation of the 38.22 warnings that they could fax to me? Thanks. fax# - 936-336-4644

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like a copy of the Spanish translation. Please add it to this post when you get it.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used to have the issue of the validity of the Spanish translation of the DIC-24 warnings come up all the time in ALR hearings. I would have the translation done by a certified interpreter or translater to be on the safe side.

Janette Ansolabehere
DPS

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of responses but there are some differences in the wording of the English warnings so there's the resulting differences in the Spanish translation. The responses are, nevertheless, much appreciated. I think I'll take your advice, Janette, to be on the safe side. Ken, I can fax you what I have or I'll be sure and post my results when I work up the final product. Just let me know if you want my responses received thus far.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got warnings in Spanish prepared by a certified translator for any law enforcement or prosecution folks who are interested. I would prefer to send them by email. You may email me at distattorney@co.liberty.tx.us Please identify your office or agency.