TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Probation Fees
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Probation Fees Login/Join 
posted
My probation department has asked me about SB909 which amended CCP 42.12. The TDCAA leg update book says the new addition "clarifies that an out-of-county court to which a defendant's probationhas been transferred shall receive the defendant's monthly probation fees, not the court of original jurisdiction."

Is this the norm, and the statute just made it clear? Our probation department sounded as though it was a big change and they hadn't heard anything about it.

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My understanding (from talking to probation people during and after the session) is that this is not that big a deal because most out-of-county supervisions are done on a courtesy basis, and actual jurisdiction of the case is not transferred to the new county. Therefore, this change will rarely be invoked, and the "home" county will continue to get the fees. However, in those cases where it does apply, they thought it is an appropriate clarification.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post