TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What could possibly go wrong?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What could possibly go wrong? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Amusing.

It is worth getting your numbers on the national do-not-call list. Our dinner-time interruptions are now limited to people we want to speak to and just a few others the list doesn't reach --mostly charities.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg:

"Mama Tried"

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re Greg's response, and Merle:

"And I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole. No-one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried.Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading, I denied. That leaves only me to blame 'cos Mama tried."

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Edwards:
It's a shame we couldn't rig up something that routed these inmate calls to all the telemarketers that bug us from 6 to 9 PM.

Let's not write the telemarketer-routing possibility off too quickly!

A.D.

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Md. inmates' phone access is 'troubling'

By Matthew Dolan and Greg Garland
February 27, 2008

No one locked up is supposed to have a cell phone. No imprisoned drug lord is supposed to be able to use a land line to order executions on the outside.

But recent criminal cases and interviews with prison insiders show that a convict behind bars in Maryland still has extraordinary telephonic opportunity to commit more crimes while serving time.

"This is a problem that has been ongoing not just for Maryland but for corrections systems around the country," Binetti said. "It's an old problem."

Baltimore drug lord Anthony Ayeni Jones, whose gang killed more than a dozen people and sold more than $30,000 in crack and heroin daily, used the phone and a "fergy-dergy" prison code to send out orders from prison. The drug lord was able to covertly order the murders of federal witnesses, for which he later received four life sentences without parole.

----------------------

For the rest of the Baltimore Sun's article, click HERE

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post