TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Manditory life jury charge?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manditory life jury charge? Login/Join 
posted
We are in the middle of a sexual assault of a child trial in which the defendant was on deferred for agg. sex. assault of a child when he commited the new offense. The defendant has chosen to go to the jury on punishment. Has anyone done a jury charge that addresses this? So far we have come up with a charge that says if you find the enhancement true it's life, if not true then 2-20 and a definition from 12.42 about what a conviction means. Any imput is appreciated! Thanks,

Xochitl

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wrote one last month for the first time. Email me at rick.mahler@co.wichita.tx.us and I will send you a copy.

Posts: 13 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks!

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post