TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Will Toby die?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Toby die? Login/Join 
posted
You must check out this site.

www.savetoby.com

Posts: 70 | Location: Hunt County | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
".... injured from what appeared to be an attack from an alley cat."

SEE!!! SEE!!! This is the WRONG posting for this. Should be in the Legalising the Hunting of Cats string.

BUT FOR the attack by the alley cat, Toby would not be held for ransom right now. It's all the Cat's fault.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
I hate myself for not coming up with this idea first.

Kevin is yelling about extortion and this entire fiasco being illegal, but I see nothing wrong if someone wants to accept money for not killing and eating a rabbit they own. If someone wants to pay to stop him, more power to them. People waste their money everyday on worse things. If they are stupid enough to try and save this rabbit with their hard earned money, they get what they deserve. I have no sympathy for them or PETA.

FYI, I had some rabbit a few weeks ago for dinner and no one was yelling then and no one was offering me money not to eat it. It was good too.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kevin Landtroop>
posted
The actor is trying to appropriate money from people who hope only to avert the consequence of the ruthless slaughter of a cute and fuzzy bunny. This is extortion which, under our current penal code, is the appropriation of money without effective consent.

Black's defines extortion as "to compel payments by means of threats of injury;" "to take from unlawfully; to exact something wrongfully by threats or putting in fear."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is sheer brillance also.

I don't know if I want Toby to live or die.

He appears to be a very intelligent rabbit. Did you see the pic of him reading the Wall Street Journal.

Posts: 70 | Location: Hunt County | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all, am I reading it right in that he currently has over $24,000 pledged? No way. Gotta be like the man bidding on his own horse (or whatever - maybe a guided cat hunt) to drive the price up.

Second, if you try to do it, you will just be sucked in b/c the recipe for Hassenpfeffer calls for two (2) rabbits and if you have to save Toby, then you have to save the other CAT ATTACK VICTIM that he is holding in reserve to get the other half of his 100 grand.

It's a slippery slope people, and once you start trying to save one, where do you stop? They're all pretty darn cute and sympathetic at first glance. My suggestion is that you read that book "Watership Downs" or something along those lines about the warring rabbits. Saw the animated movie version of that as a very young kid and have to say that it scared the living begeesus out of me. Vicious rabbits are freaky, man. Let them feed the masses.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole thing is disgusting. Threatening to kill the fuzzy bunny is disgusting, extorting money from stupid people is disgusting, and people paying this nut money in response to his extortion is disgusting. Oh, yeah, and eating rabbit is disgusting.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail? That rabbit looked cute and fuzzy too, but it was really a "vile and vicious rabbit".

I am really mad I didn't think of this myself. I may have to get a t-shirt, Toby for President 2008. But then again, we can't give in to terrorists can we? Hey, once we save Toby what is going to happen next?

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to whip his ass.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"hey look, there's a rabbit over there". Was wondering if anyone else thought this might be the killer bunny from monty python. If so, no need to fear, he's lying in wait and will soon bite these guys heads off, unless they know how to count correctly and have the holy hand grenade.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is this Peta fellow? Is his last name Cottontail?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we can't have A.P.'s input on this, perhaps we should hear from Elmer Fudd. Perhaps the warm fuzzies that attend discussion of long-eared rodents would chill if facts were presented about "those wascwy wabbits." Wink

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait a second. Has anyone considered whether or not Toby wants to die? Where is Toby's say in all of this? Someone needs to petition Congress for a law to consider what Toby wants!

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toby or not Toby, that is the question.

It's all much deeper than hunting cats and killing rabbits. It goes way back.
You see, that well-beloved movie wasn't about Bambi, it was about THUMPER. Hollywood tricked all of you baby-boomers and those younger ones who followed later, me for instance, into watching that tear-jerker, while implanting liberal, tree-hugging propaganda into our heads. We walked away from the Bijou that Saturday night, our fingers sticky with the remains of JuJuBees and Milk Duds and popcorn butter spots on blue jeans with rolled-up cuffs, asking Mom and Dad if Walt Disney really did have it all figured out. We went to bed that night after watching Jackie Gleason, and visions of dead deer invaded our dreams. But it wasn't that poor, magnificent deer that made us toss and turn and wake up to a new moral code, driven to join the ranks of the soldiers in the fight against cruelty to animals. No, America, it was Thumper -- he slipped into our brains with his cutesy, giggly little voice and view of life as we know it. In his long-eared, subliminal messaging tactics Thumper convinced the audiences that reality was actually paint and celluloid, that flesh and blood was the cartoon. We looked at Bambi, but we heard Thumper. He imbedded the beliefs and opinions, or dare I say, biases and prejudices, of Yankee and Californian screenwriters into young minds.
In fact, I am convinced that you can trace most, if not all, of society's troubles back to the release of that movie and that little rabbit with the big feet.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning on CNN and FOX news Representatives Tom Delay and Barney Frank held a joint news conference to announce filing "Toby's Law" to both raise awareness of the plight of this mild forest creature and increase funding to develop enhanced Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch, in the event that DNA in fact shows this to be progeny of the Monty Python rabbit. (Look at the bones!)

Posts: 39 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should retract; I recall one of Toby's relatives tried to assassinate Jimmy Carter (again showing my age).

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
see, don't need no stinkin' holy hand-grenade. I forgot Prez Jimmy proved that all you need is a row boat oar (and maybe a six-pack of Billy beer) to scare off killer swimming bunnies.

Don't forget that those furry little guys can also give you rabbititis and make you see spots.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watership Down scared me as a child too.

I think the idea is funny as all hell. Chances are, Toby will get a last minute stay granted by the International Court demanding a 6 month delay so that more t-shirts can be sold and the Wabbit can speak to its Embassy. The Supremes will use it as persuasive authority to declare Wabbit the National Animal. The Banjo Players Association of West Virginia will hold a Sherry 'tasting' at the next annual Noodling fest and serve Bald Eagle and Catfish soup.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, as my friend and
Bell County ada/acting AUSA Shelley Strimple well knows, that so called "Pet Bunnys" can be hazardous to the condition of the carpet in your apartment and to your apartment deposit. I believe that this is a plot based on depleting the personal financial resources of crime fighters and somehow connected to international Bunny/Cat terrorism.

And I have yet to see a Pet Bunny or a cat who was worth a darn in retrieving ducks.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't ride particularly well on the bow of an on-plane boat, either.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post