TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    July 4th - No Refusal Weekend
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July 4th - No Refusal Weekend Login/Join 
posted
Tarrant County is gearing up for a multi police agency 4th of July No Refusal (Blood Search Warrant) Weekend. I'd like to hear from any other police department, County or District Attorney's Office that is planning to do the same. I am hoping we can report that this is going to happen throughout the state. If you are going to participate, please email me at ralpert@tarrantcounty.com and/ort respond to this post. Thanks

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been doing them all the time when people refuse to blow, as long as we have a judge available. We started doing the warrants a little less than a year ago. We got fax machines for our judges. Seems to be working great. The 4th should be just another weekend for us.

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every Hour of Every Day of Every Week of Every Month!

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please don't forget to tell me what County you are from in your response. Thanks

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
24/7/365 on all DWI cases.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Williamson County DA: 24/7/365 on all felony DWI cases.

[This message was edited by JB on 06-19-08 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DENTON COUNTY: 24/7/365 on all Felonies, all "total refusals", all crashes with injuries not serious enough to be SBI, and any "special/high profile cases".

We are doing another No Refusal on July 4th also.

Our Memorial Day weekend blood results are back from the labs. Look for a post with some high BACs in the very near future....

RICHARD - Great idea! I hope to see many more Counties respond.

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am likewise hoping to have cooperation blanket the State the weekend of the 4th.

posted Hide Post
Harris County is doing a July 4th No Refusal Program and hopefully joining some area counties for a multi-jurisdictional effort. Ours will be for all agencies in Harris County with one prosecutor stationed in the northwest portion of the county for those agencies and one stationed down south on the Galveston County line for those agencies. Three judges will be available to review the warrants for PC.

The prosecutor down south will be teaming up with a judge, prosecutor, and police in Galveston County to review search warrants for their no refusal program. The prosecutor and judge in the northwest will be available for Ft. Bend County if their judges are not available.

Montgomery County was the first area jurisdiction doing search warrants and usually does one, but I have not heard anything definite from them.

Posts: 68 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: June 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there must be more Counties that are going to participate?! Please post or email. Thx

Richard Alpert
ralpert@tarrantcounty.com

posted Hide Post
We are pushing all law enforcement in Waller County to do blood search warrants on all refusals, all the time. We are making a special push for the 4th of July weekend.

I am real pleased with the results so far and the only area of complaint by the defense bar has been centered around whether or not the blood draws are being done in a sanitary place.

We have used hospitals, the jail nursing station(sick bay) and the back of an EMS truck unit.

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard, Pull this thread up it has everyone I have heard from doing Search Warrants. Look at Shannons summeries first.

https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=347098965&f=157098965&m=1621065951

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brazoria County will also be doing a "No Refusal" program over the 4th of July. For this area, it will probably/possibly be Brazoria County, Chambers County, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, and Harris County.

I may be a bit optimistic on my counties, but we are trying.... ;-)

Posts: 68 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: June 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will be participating as well (our second go-around). Along those lines, I'm preparing a general press release for our local media. If any of your departments have prepared something like this, could I get a copy, or some suggestions as far as presenting the issue well?

Posts: 62 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have not already done so please let me know by post or email if your Agency/County is participating in the "No Refusal" 4th fo July Weekend. Thank You

Richard Alpert
ralpert@tarrantcounty.com

posted Hide Post
Richard....All four of my counties: Floyd, Dickens, Motley and Briscoe will be no refusal all the time on felony DWI's.

Posts: 3 | Location: Floydada, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Collin County will be holding its fourth No Refusal weekend over the 4th of July holiday. Other three were very successful.

Posts: 57 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a local announcement in Central Texas, click here. As you can read from the "comments" that follow the announcement, the drinking public seems pretty thrilled about the idea.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite comment: "You'll lose your license for a while, but it's better than a DWI. Remember that Travis Co. judge that got busted? He did NOT take the breathalizer. If a judge doesn't do it, there's a reason..."

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB, I think some of those people are upset with you... Frown

Speaking of which, everyone be safe this weekend! The people who posted the comments and those of like mind will be on the roads.

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post