TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Assassinations of Prosecutors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assassinations of Prosecutors Login/Join 
posted
The death of Kaufman County DA Mike McClelland cannot be a mere coincidance with the death of ADA Mark Haase.

It's a message to us, just like the cartels send in Mexice.

Every state and federal prosecutor in Texas, after obtaining appropriate approval, should offer deals to every defendant pending trial or sentencing or doing serious time, in return for information on the assassins and who ordered the hits.

AUSA Joe Revesz
Dallas

Posts: 6 | Location: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 but for credible information

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As many of us do have caseloads that include AB or Aryan Circle members, as well as the multitude of other gangs present in this state, it would be nice if some sort of briefing were dispensed to the electeds, for dissemination to their employees, regarding what IS KNOWN about these crime scenes and killings. I know the LE folks investigating the killings of Hasse, McLelland and his wife are working overtime, and I realize it is necessary to withhold relevant information from the media regarding these attacks, but it would be easier to protect ourselves if we knew further details regarding these murders.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed, GG and Joe. I do believe there is more we can do as prosecutors as a whole in this state to step up efforts to get to the bottom of this.

I am happy to help in any way I can.

Posts: 100 | Location: Beaumont, Texas, USA | Registered: February 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with everyone in the law enforcement, prosecution, and court communities. I offer whatever help I can be also.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There really should be a state wide coordinated effort. If anyone needs help in Harris County, feel free to call or email. If I can't do it myself, I will steer you the right way if I can. Be safe, everyone.

Posts: 1 | Location: Harris County | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great man and great DA. Mike McLelland. The day before his death, he was shopping to buy guns and vests for his employees. Leading by example.

DA to buy guns and vests for his employees

I don't know if any other firearms manufacturers offer discounts to prosecutors, but Glock firearms has offered them for years to prosecutors. AFAIK, the only dealer to advertise these discounts is GT Distributors, but the discount may be available through other dealers. Many other gun makers offer discounts to peace officers, but Glock is the only maker to include prosecutors.

If you are in the market for a handgun, I know that most gun shop owners are fierce advocates for LE officers including prosecutors, so they may give a discount as well. FWIW.

posted Hide Post
CG: HB2063 by District 4 Rep, Lance Gooden, was Mike's idea. It is still in committee. I am doing my part here in my neck of the woods to push it along. Those that support open carry need to do the same. Open carry is safer, more readily accessible and may act as a detterent.

Posts: 38 | Location: Henderson County | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I began my prosecution experiences with the U.S. Army in 1982, I was warned of some druggies that wanted to get me. Being young and dumb, I laughed it off. Through the years as a State prosecutor, I have had dozens of threats thrown at me. I didn't always laugh about them, but I was never too concerned. My family had a cow when I took a job on the border, and my job has the potential of leading to a lot of disgruntled individuals out to get me. Do I worry? No. Am I cautious? Yes. I think a CHL is necessary now, where I never felt it before. I pay more attention to things. The bottom line is, however, that we can not let threats and intimidation interfere with our duties. I am sorry to see some prosecutors withdrawing from cases, or prosecutors talking of leaving our esteemed community. Our weapons are books, pens, and a gift for gab. May not sound like much for a war on crime, but I am proud of the heritage which was bequeathed to me, and am grateful to be counted among the ranks of prosecutors. I look with hope and trust to those now entering the prosecution field, that they will continue in the fine traditions others have set for me.

To lose Mike and Mark is a tragedy, and my heart goes out to those family and friends left behind. To honor them, let us all carry on with a renewed sense of purpose. We may not be fearless, but we can be courageous in face of fear. Evil only wins when we surrender to it. I am not quite ready to give up the fight, and I know there are many of you out there much better able than I to carry on, as well. God Bless each of you.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Friends, we don't use these forums for legislative advocacy. If you want to discuss how a proposed law will (or won't) work or ask questions about it, that's fine, but let's keep it educational only.

If your post is missing, that's why. Sorry, but those are the rules here. Thanks for understanding. If you have further questions, email me.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An update: Kim Williams, wife of jailed ex-Kaufman County JP Eric Williams, arrested on capital murder charge. Great reporting, inasmuch as the article is full of spelling errors and bad grammar. Anyway, from the end of the article:

quote:
Authorities believe Eric Williams was behind an anonymous email sent to county officials after the McLellands’ murders. The email threatened another attack if the writers’ demands were not met.

Authorities have not said what the demands were. But they found evidence on Saturday they say links Williams to the email. They also found something that promoted [sic] them to search a Seagoville storage facility.

More than 20 weapons were found inside the unit linked to Williams, as well as a car similar to the one seen leaving the McLellands’ neighborhood on the morning of the Easter weekend slayings.

Authorities believe the disbarred former justice of the peace held a grudge against McLelland and Hasse, who prosecuted him last year in the theft of three computer monitors. During Eric Willilams’ trial, McLelland and Hasse portrayed him as a thief and a man with a violent streak. They pushes [sic] for him to be sent to prison. He was given probation, but the case is on appeal.

Posts: 41 | Location: 47th District | Registered: June 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon, I see the rules are selectively enforced. I apologize if my statement did not line up with TDCAA.

Posts: 17 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post