TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Trial Battle Songs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trial Battle Songs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Final Countdown - Europe

Michael J. Jarrett

Posts: 4 | Location: Williamson County | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anvil of Crom - Theme music from Conan the Barbarian! Cool Slightly modified quote from the movie:

What is best in life?

To crush defense attorneys!
See them driven from the courtroom!
And hear the lamentations of the defendants!
Big Grin

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mouth for War - Pantera

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like "Ride of the Valkyries". It worked for Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now.

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel Patton:
This topic has probably already been discussed, but I guess an update wouldn't hurt. Plus if it has I couldn't find the thread. And I know how much the folks on this forum like to talk music.

Anyway, what songs do you listen to to get ready, hyped up, for trial?

I'm thinking of making a cd to listen to on the way to work on trial days and need some good suggestions...

Posts: 14 | Location: Coldspring, San Jacinto County, Texas, USA | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must admit that I generally have to listen to classical music during trial because I'm too hyped up and it brings me back down to a more manageable state.

That being said, I am constantly tinkering with my playlist for running marathons (which I've learned have a lot of parallels to long capital trials). You guys have given me lots of new tunes to keep me pumped up during those later miles. Thanks!

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cowboy - Kid Rock is a good marathon song (if you're a slow runner like myself)

In that vein:

Lookin' Down the Barrel of a Gun - The Beastie Boys
Boyz-N-The Hood - Dynamite Hack are also good plodding songs.

Jump Around - House of Pain and Bring Tha' Noize - Public Enemy and Anthrax are good up tempo songs.

[This message was edited by David Newell on 10-31-08 at .]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nine Inch Nails: Head Like a Hole (particularly the repeated line, you're going to get what you deserve)

And I have to agree with Appetite for Destruction with Welcome to the Jungle at the top of the list. Actually, the intro to Welcome to the Jungle is often all I listen to.

I also dig on Speak by Godsmack off the IV album.
"Speak the Truth, or make your peace another way..."

Our Highschool volleyball team would warm up before a big match to the Imperial March / Darth Vader's Theme. Always sounded awesome while the team was doing spike lines.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do any drug prosecutors warm up to Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood"?

I can't keep up with Rockman Newell's command of modern (anything after about 1995) stuff. Though I would have to concede that, given some of my recent experiences with juries, an appropriate theme might be Disturbed's cover of "Land of Confusion."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might have to add "Dr. Feelgood" (My son listened to Motley Crue.)

I listen to Hendrix (Purple Haze, etc.) or Steppenwolf (The Pusher, Don't Step on the Grass)

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
I heard one over the weekend that I had forgotten-

Whiskey for my Men and Beer for my Horses

by Toby Keith and Willie

I like the part about fighting evil forces.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well slightly older,

Mean Town Blues by Johnny Winter And.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray:
Well slightly older,

Mean Town Blues by Johnny Winter And.

I'll add pretty much anything by "And" to my list, especially the screaming "Rock and Roll" intro to JB Goode off of the double live album, noting that I cannot get Sarah W to do this when the tdcaa band covers this tune.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GNR's Appetite for Destruction is an excellent choice. I've also found that Pantera's "F-ing Hostile" and "Respect" work quite well, those are ones from my old football days.

Posts: 34 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Gun by AC/DC

God's gonna cut you down (not sure if that's title or just refrain)--Johnny Cash

Fuel, Through the Never, Battery, Leper Messiah by Metallica--(really almost any fast non-ballad Metallica song will work in a pinch)

Respect by Pantera

Switchback by Celldweller

The Wizard by Ozzy

Bring me to Life--Evanesence

Posts: 79 | Location: Williamson County | Registered: August 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post