TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Extended Assessments by CAC Referred Counselors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extended Assessments by CAC Referred Counselors Login/Join 
posted
Our CAC has asked us about these extended assessments by counselors and their ability to be used in court. In case you are not familiar with this new process, it includes 5 sessions with the child and 1 session with the non-offending caregiver. The sessions are conducted by a counselor. Check out the NCAC webpage for more info if you are interested.

My questions to those counties whose CACs are currently using this "extended assessment" program are: Have you experienced any problems getting the information that the child discloses about sexual abuse or physical abuse into evidence? If so, what was the resolution to those problems? I can forsee arguments about the outcry and the extent of the information that comes into evidence. I can also forsee arguments if the counselor is not the outcry that the information obtained during these "assessments" is not offered for medical diagnosis or treatment.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!

Posts: 2 | Location: Gatesville, Texas, USA | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our CAC in Dallas utilizes this tool. I would be happy to discuss some of my experiences. Please call me at 214 818 2614.

Eren Price
Dallas County District Attorney's Office

Posts: 6 | Location: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post