TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    John Bradley, civil rights activist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Bradley, civil rights activist Login/Join 
posted
An excellent article in the weekend Statesman on John Bradley.

I never knew his nickname was Marty. I think we'll have to rework the lyrics to the Perfect Country Western song at the next APLI gig (i.e., where Coe sings "you never even called me by my name")

http://www.statesman.com/search/content/region/legislature/stories/2009/11/08/1108bradley.html

[This message was edited by GG on 11-09-09 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad that the reporter didn't call me for a comment.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can always comment privately to the band and myself and we'll write a song about it. Hope you are well, Dan.

What is your family nickname?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Ok, Dan, you didn't mind throwing in a snide about your bro. Now, answer GG's question. What is your family nickname??? Fess up!

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ML:
Ok, Dan, you didn't mind throwing in a snide about your bro. Now, answer GG's question. What is your family nickname??? Fess up!

I wonder if any other of the Bradley relatives would be willing to tell Dan's nickname?

posted Hide Post
I've heard--but this is just a rumor, so I don't know how true it is--that Dan Bradley's family nickname is Danny-Boy, as in "Oh Danny-Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling, from glen to glen and down the mountainside . . . ."

I've also heard--and again this is just a rumor, so I don't know how true it is--that Dan Bradley's nickname when he worked for the Chambers Co. D.A.'s Office was Danno. As in, "book'em Danno--Murder One."

If I am mistaken, well then, Danno can correct me.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Breen:
I've also heard--and again this is just a rumor, so I don't know how true it is--that Dan Bradley's nickname when he worked for the Chambers Co. D.A.'s Office was Danno. As in, "book'em Danno--Murder One."

If I am mistaken, well then, Danno can correct me.

That should be Danno's signature line.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, Mike, no secret nickname, but the family motto is rumored to be "Leave the Wounded."

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Book 'em, Danno.

You now have a new forum nickname.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
For Bradleys, it's all in the family - except for politics

Web Posted: 11/27/2009 12:00 CST
By Gary Scharrer - Express-News

AUSTIN - Hard-nosed Texas prosecutor John "Marty" Bradley supports the death penalty. His mother, Shirley Bradley, remains a fervent opponent of it.

Her oldest son, John "David" Bradley, is an outspoken Republican leader among the social conservatives on the State Board of Education. His mom proudly keeps his campaign bumper sticker on her car - along with a bumper sticker promoting Democratic Party icon Hillary Clinton.

Not surprisingly, Shirley Bradley enforces a firm rule when the family gathers for holidays and other occasions: No talking politics or religion.

"It's my rule. ... Those are just forbidden subjects," the Houston family matriarch says. "We all have heard each other's opinions enough. It was nonproductive. I want to have happy times with them. I respect their opinions. I don't agree with them, but I taught them to have opinions."

And her two older sons certainly have strong opinions. Both are named John, although the oldest goes by David. Count him among the State Board of Education leaders who helped weaken the teaching of evolution in public school classrooms, pushed phone-tics and back-to-basics reading skills and led an effort to ditch a "fuzzy math" textbook for third-graders.

For the rest of the article, click here

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's an adorable picture, JB. Bet your mom showed it off on all your first dates. Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Notice that my older brother has me right in his sights.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Dan can defend him!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happily not in that picture.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAS:
And Dan can defend him!

JAS

You mean Danno?

posted Hide Post
The most interesting thing to me is they are all wearing black hats like they're getting ready to rob the stagecoach.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post