TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    TLETS info embedded in Offense Reports
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TLETS info embedded in Offense Reports Login/Join 
posted
I have police agencies in the habit of cutting and pasting TLETS / TCIC / NCIC info straight into their offense reports. Under Morton, we have to give the reports over (without redactions) to defense yet under TLETS regs, I shouldn't be giving access to this info to anyone who isn't authorized.

Easy answer is for the police to stop doing this, yes, I know. But what about the reports already filed?

Anyone else have this same dilemma? How have you resolved it?

Post-Morton, I don't think the state should be in the redaction business. But I don't want to lose terminal access either.

Posts: 35 | Location: Williamson County, Texas | Registered: April 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
39.14(c) allows you to redact it before sending it to counsel. We have asked that agencies not include CCH in their case submission so that we don't have to redact it.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post