TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Injury to a child
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Injury to a child Login/Join 
posted
I have a 2 year child who was brought into the hospital unconscious, he was beaten by his mother's boyfriend throughout the night. There is a red circular mark on the child's back along with multiple bruises all over his body. No one seems to be able to id the red mark on the child. Are there any experts who can look at injuries and interpret where or how those injuries occured?

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a pattern injury expert at the Armed Forces Institute of Forensic Pathology. (http://www.afip.org) I believe his name was Dr. Oliver. You might also use reflective ultraviolet photography to locate older pattern injury bruises. It might show more of the implement used and assist in identifying it.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that doesn't work hit APRI up. MANY years ago they helped me find an expert in biomech. that helped me with some torque and force issues in a spiral fracture case.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you in Bexar County? Have you tried Dr. Kellogg?

Posts: 2 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks once again for all the great resources

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post