TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Restitution Liens-Anyone filing these?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restitution Liens-Anyone filing these? Login/Join 
posted
Are any of you filing resitution liens under Art. 42.22CCP?It seems that the TDCJ inmates that have hefty accounts would be subject to foreclosure. It looks like a relatively simple process after the Judgement is entered. Just curious if other jurisdictions are doing this regularly and if you have any forms to share. Thanks

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An intern researched this in the county I previously worked in. We got some information from another county and adapted it - it included a letter and the forms. I will see if I can find the information for you and e-mail it to you if you give me your e-mail address.

Posts: 16 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have forms for restitution lien, if still needed. We filed restitution lien in a case where defendant sentenced to prison for killing his wife. Punishment included $10,000 fine. Wife's estate was later probated, and defendant was awarded $10,000 as a settlement. Filed lien and got court to issue injunction, which prevented County Clerk from disbursing funds. Ended up getting a default judgment. E-mail or call 979-361-4320.

Posts: 5 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Willing to email to interested parties

Posts: 40 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: August 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. My email is mwarnerda@yahoo.com. I get the impression that very few Prosecutors are using this statute?????

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will send you my form. We use a Judgment Addendum with some blanks to fill in. We use it in every case that does not get community supervision. It is a good thing to use in a case where someone is not getting community supervision to pacify the victim. With a restitution lien specifying the amount of restitution and name and address of the victim. it is just as enforceavble as a civil judgment.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
a good thing to use in a case where someone is not getting community supervision to pacify the victim. With a restitution lien specifying the amount of restitution and name and address of the victim. it is just as enforceavble as a civil judgment.

I know this is an old post, but can I see the restitution lien forms you all are using?

abdulfarukhi at fortbendcountytx.gov

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post