TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    A memorable victim
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A memorable victim Login/Join 
posted
Hey there, web-based friends,

In the next issue of The Texas Prosecutor journal, I am asking people to send me their stories about a particular crime victim they remember. I would love for y'all to share your stories! Tell me about the case, the victim, and why he or she has stayed with you.

Please keep it under 500 words, and email it as a Word document to me at wolf (a t) tdcaa (d o t) com. I will need them by Friday, February 6.

Thank you!

Posts: 41 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Registered: January 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd encourage everyone here to submit a story. If you don't know Sarah, she works extra hard to bring you an interesting TEXAS PROSECUTOR every two months.

Didn't we have a thread on this topic a few months ago? In any event, send Sarah a great story about that special victim or case that makes you proud of what you do for a living.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I have a side order of grits with that?

Later, Gator

[This message was edited by Gator on 01-24-09 at .]

Posts: 2 | Location: Somewhere in fly over land | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you a fan of Lake Placid or the Burt Reynolds movie?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
University of Florida.

Later, Gator

[This message was edited by Gator on 01-24-09 at .]

Posts: 2 | Location: Somewhere in fly over land | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to put this topic back up at the top so that folks might see it. I still want to hear from you about a particular victim who has stayed with you over the years. I've gotten some wonderful, heart-wrenching submissions so far, stuff that's brought tears to my eyes, so please keep them coming. I've got a whole box of Kleenex so I'm ready!

And I'd be happy to share them with Mr. Bennett.

Posts: 41 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Registered: January 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it'll be as good as the collection of answers in the recently posted January-February edition of the Prosecutor.

Great job Sarah!

P.S.--Sarah can now write me better than me. She added the preposition joke in my Court of Criminal Appeals update. I told her I couldn't credit for it, so I'm passing on the true writer's identification.

posted Hide Post
David, there was a joke in your presentation?

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't call me clown shoes for nothing.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I mean the case law update article in the new edition of The Prosecutor. Sarah put a perfect preposition joke in there. I wish I'd thought of it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaW:
David, there was a joke in your presentation?

Now that's funny!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's why she's Da' Bomb.

posted Hide Post
You know, you guys are seriously strange sometimes. Wink

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote out a reply when I first saw Sarah's request. But my story about the hooker who showed up for court in red miniskirt and low halter to testify at her rape trial seemed unlikely to be the type of victim Sarah was looking for so I cancelled it. (I sent her home to change into her "church" clothles. Showed up in same outfit, purple.) Turns out the longer version of this story might have fit in after all.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just asking -- begging, cajoling, reminding -- y'all to submit your stories about a victim who has stuck with you over the years. The deadline is this Friday the 6th, so please send your articles by then. My email address is wolf (a t) tdcaa (d o t) com.

Thank you, yo.