TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sexual Assault of a Child
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sexual Assault of a Child Login/Join 
posted
Facts: Twelve year old has a baby. Suspect denies child is his, but admits to having sex with girl. According to girl sex took place in a sitter's apartment. Sitter was aware of what was happening and may have encouraged it.

Can sitter be charged with any offense?

Also, is there a state agency, or has anyone worked, a case involving internet stalking or child predators?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe sexual performance by a child....if sitter "induced" victim to have sex.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the level of the sitter's encouragement, she could be a party to the offense.

Posts: 31 | Location: Dallas County | Registered: March 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Family Code Sec. 261.109, Failure to Report Abuse. But it's only a Class B misdemeanor.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shannon. I have the "sitter" on probation. Can you smell a motion? (I knew you could.)

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the sitter has assumed responsibility for the safety of a child, there are several reported cases where the felony offense of Endangering a Child has been upheld where the child was subjected to sexual abuse.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Robert. I was looking more at a party to the assault, but endangering works for me also.

posted Hide Post
Chances are really good that your facts will get you to agg sex with a kid, as a party. I've done that more than once.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post