TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Enema - Deadly Weapon??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enema - Deadly Weapon?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You bet: an enema cookbook published by TDCAA. I've got it on my to-do list, right behind the "Men of TDCAA Calendar." (Heh heh -- I said, BEHIND the calendar.)

This all reminds me of one of Shannon's favorite sayings around the office: Keep your friends close, and keep your enemas closer.

Posts: 115 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: November 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Long neck bottle, let go of my hand..."

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Public Enema number one

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The article

Pending the outcome of SCOTUS's ruling on the propriety of lethal injection?

Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what I expected these people to look like, but I wasn't surprised.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another timely update as part of your valuable TDCAA membership.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No longer public enema number 1.

Say Ms. Beckham, I looked at the seminar table of TDCAA books last week, but I didn't see the cookbook you promised! Is it still under construction?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well folks, it has been a long time since this thread reared it's ugly head. And I ended up rereading the entire thread, laughing all the while. I thought I would "recap" two of my favorite posts from early on in this thread, from A.P and Jane.

And what sage words do we mere mortals learn from noted commentors A.P. and Jane? Well, we learn that A.P. has a flowery romantic side to him, and that Jane knows her limits. I especially like the line about "...the haunting rhythm of the djembe". Nice.

This thread has other historic importance as well. The emails that began generating between Mr. Brumley, Mr. Merillat and myself, regarding this thread and the humor therein, the text of which is now outlawed in more than half of these United States, ultimately culminated in the formation of the TDCAA band a year after this thread began. We had talked about starting a band before this thread, but as I recall, it was this thread that flushed out the musicians in us. So to speak.

Perhaps most significantly, this thread coined A.P.'s now infamous tagline "EXIT ONLY".

-------------------------------------------------
BY: A.P. Merillat
Member posted 02-03-05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Language of love

Well Beck,
I'm sure it started with soft music and a romantic dinner, and comments about the flickering candlelight dancing in her eyes looking like twinkling stars in the late-night sky. Then, of course there's the toast, but one of the two can't drink to his lover's health, because he can't swallow, so he naturally suggests that perhaps, in order to validate the good wishes made by clinking the crystal glasses together, the wine could run its magical course through the path of least resistance. A little banjo music, maybe a dance or two and a tight embrace to the haunting rhythm of the djembe, and the rest as they say, is history.
No, it's not from personal knowledge, but I did work the sex crimes unit in the Montrose.

BY: jane starnes
Member posted 02-03-05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When a Man Loves a Woman (in reverse)

I'm not doing this for anybody, anytime, ever. How is a wife persuaded to do this? Where would this "drinking" have to take place? In the bathtub? And why sherry? I thought only little old grannies drank sherry. Maybe it burns less than, oh, say, tequila? Or peppermint schnapps? Sort of lends a new meaning to "s**tfaced drunk."

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 10-03-07 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, I was looking at this ancient thread and remembered how our band came about from its meager beginnings. None of us had ever met, let alone played a note of music together, and with one practice we sky-rocketed into stardom. Amazing.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is the special edition of Rock Band coming out?

More importantly, will it have a newly designed banjo controller? They could rename it Rock Banjo.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This article in today's LA Times reminded me of this old thread.

Fortuately, it appears these stylish sherry beverages are served in a drinking glass.

"Sherry cocktails have come a long way from hot sack posset. A custardy Middle Ages concoction of sherry, milk and eggs, popular first in Britain and then the New World, sack posset eventually gave way to the likes of the 19th century Bamboo, a combination of sherry, dry vermouth and orange bitters invented by a German bartender in Yokohama, Japan, and introduced to the U.S. by William Boothby's book "World's Drinks."

Then something (Prohibition, bad marketing, corporate consolidation, you name it) happened on the way to the 21st century, and the market for sherry -- the lovely fortified wine from Spain -- was relegated to cooking wine and low-quality sweet stuff. And that was that for sherry cocktails.

But here and now on La Brea Avenue, there's plenty of evidence of the sherry cocktail's resurgence. At the just-opened Tar Pit, co-owner/bartender Audrey Saunders recently was behind the bar perfecting her roster of sherry cocktails. There are four on her menu of about 20 drinks, including a house aperitif of apple-infused fino sherry wryly called All About Eve."

Sherry with no banjo music

The next to last line in the story says it all:

Sherry's "great to experiment with," she says, "seeing what flavors it works with, where it hits the palate, whether it's something to bring more forward. . . .

posted Hide Post
The tobacco smoke enema, an insufflation of tobacco smoke into the rectum by enema, was a medical treatment employed by 18th-century European physicians for resuscitating drowning victims and other purposes.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As one poster said several years ago...

"Neel McDonald
Member posted 02-03-05
What about the smoke?

Since it's now fashionable and commonplace for one of such obvious sophistication to enjoy a fine cigar with one's after-dinner aperatif...."

Now that question has been answered after nearly five years of intensive research by JB.

posted Hide Post
Even odder that GG has been waiting so patiently for the answer.

posted Hide Post
The banjo music helped pass the time. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
It is no longer called an enema, my friends. Now you can engage in butt chugging.

Still just as gross, IMHO. Right up there with the vodka-soaked tampons.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ebb and flow of pop culture

See what I did there? To expound upon Gretchen's observation, I would propose a less provencial term, something like "aft-experienced nightcap."

Clearly, you can keep a great thread down for only so long.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It all sounds dangerously combustible!

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, A.P. said it best:

"EXIT ONLY".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Brumley:
The ebb and flow of pop culture

See what I did there? To expound upon Gretchen's observation, I would propose a less provencial term, something like "aft-experienced nightcap."

Clearly, you can keep a great thread down for only so long.

EBB AND FLOW SHOULD BE THE NAME OF YOUR LONG-AWAITED SOLO ALBUM.