TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Weinergate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weinergate Login/Join 
posted
NEW YORK - After days of denials, a choked-up Rep. Anthony Weiner confessed Monday that he tweeted a photo of his bulging underpants to a young woman, and he also admitted to "inappropriate" exchanges with six women before and after he got married. He apologized for lying but said he would not resign.

[Unfortunately, prosecutors regularly see this sort of lying followed by confessing (when caught in the lie). Seriously, was anyone fooled?

Next up: resignation. Any predictions on that?]

[This message was edited by JB on 06-12-11 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't help but notice the odd similarities between his last name and the subject of his tweet (ok, the spelling is off just a tad)...

Posts: 95 | Location: Marble Falls, TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Calls for Representative Anthony Weiner's resignation, including from some fellow Democrats, mounted on Wednesday, two days after he confirmed details of an online sex scandal.

Word also emerged that the wife he has publicly humiliated is pregnant.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quote from the article cited above:

"I think his hope and instinct is that he can stick it out," said a senior New York Democrat, asking not to be identified.

Errr....wasn't that what got him in trouble in the first place? Wink

Posts: 35 | Location: Williamson County, Texas | Registered: April 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well played, sir. Well played...

Posts: 66 | Location: Travis County, TX, USA | Registered: August 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to ABC's Democratic source, Weiner is telling colleagues that his pregnant wife Huma Abedin "wants him to stay and fight."

[Yeah, this is the same guy that told us that he didn't send the Tweet. Perhaps he misunderstood his wife. Any suggestions out there on what she really said (e.g., "go fly a kite")?

posted Hide Post
Since her confidential advisor is Hillary I think she probably did say he should fight to stay.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet she did, too. Who would want the father of their child to be pushed out for this? Not a good story to tell your Grandkids.

Besides, if lawmakers who have actually evaded taxes and hired prostitutes are still there, why should a little dirty talk/pictures between adults be a forced exit ticket? I bet his constituency will vote him back in, just from name recognition at the next election. Sometimes I feel like Washington is that movie where the guy's whole life was contrived and he didn't know it--a little bubble of non-reality. They really do think they are that special.

I feel sorry for the wife--no win situation for her. I wish the media would stop putting her picture out there and let her go about her job and deal with her husband privately.

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top leaders in the Democratic Party called on embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) to resign Saturday even as the scandal-tarred congressman announced he would request a leave of absence from the House to seek an unspecified form of treatment.

Details.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
President Obama on Monday waded into the debate over whether embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner should step down, saying, "If it was me, I would resign."

Details.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rep. Anthony Weiner plans to announce at a 2 p.m. press conference in Brooklyn, N.Y. Thursday that he has made the decision to resign from Congress amid a growing scandal over his lewd online communications.

Details.

posted Hide Post