TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Wanted: Clean Urine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Clean Urine Login/Join 
posted
Prosecutors Thursday said they are seeking more possible victims after arresting a Harris County employee accused of taking bribes to provide clean urine to defendants out on bail.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The comments on the article are great!

We had one even worse--a defendant got her daughter to perform her drug test for her....and, yes, you guessed it, she came up dirty. I bet the dinner table was not too friendly that evening. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I read the article. First, who exactly are the "victims" in this scenario? Second, I think I would have to seriously re-examine my career choices if I found myself employed as a "county urine monitor."

Posts: 126 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: October 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane Phelps:
Okay, I read the article. First, who exactly are the "victims" in this scenario? Second, I think I would have to seriously re-examine my career choices if I found myself employed as a "county urine monitor."

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say the victims are the probationers who got fleeced into paying for clean urine. I'll take another wild guess and say that I don't think there will be a stampede of folks who passed their probation u/a's running to the police to tell on themselves.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it anything like a john complaining that a prostitute failed to deliver promised services after payment? Or perhaps a college student complaining that the marihuana was oregano? Or maybe a person complaining that the DVD bought from the trunk of a car was a bad copy?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I think it would be, if the urine didn't have the promised result.

But that's urinalysis.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad pun?

posted Hide Post
Good luck proving it was actually urine. I have a case now involving a person (a public official) sneaking someone else's urine into a UA. We alleged the 'substance' under 481.133 was urine (since that's what the defendant told the APO it was).

The problem is that neither SWIFS nor DPS does a test to prove a liquid is actually urine - just what foreign substances happens to be in it. Accu-Chem has been sold and I haven't been able to find a certified lab who can do it. My local urologist isn't interested in getting DPS certified.

I got with the prison prosecutors and found out which lab they use in 'chunking' cases. They use the Dept. of Health Services in Austin. The boss there lied to me and said they never did those tests, although the lab folks admitted they really did but just for the TDCJ. Kinda their little secret, I guess.

I'll get around it by amending to call the 'substance' something less specific. But the DoHS guy really ticked me off.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post