TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Republic of Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republic of Texas Login/Join 
posted
Lubbock PD arrested 2 guys Sept. 1st. One for UCW & False ID as P.O. & the other for just False ID as P.O. The guy with the pistol, Bob R. Jeanes (of Bedford) also was picked up on warrants out of Johnson County - one of which was UCW. Jeanes was wearing a badge identifying him as the "National Sheriff of the Republic of Texas" and it indicated, he was elected Jan. 14, 2003.

Two other non-weapon carrying guys were with him, Kim W. Gatewood & Richard K. Burt. They were also wearing such badges. LPD notified the FBI & ATF.

Pursuant to Tx.P.C. 37.12, I filed on them for False ID as Peace Officer.

Any of y'all had any dealings with these guys?

Gatewood is known to us already. He tried to criminally trespass LPD from his property last year. Then he recently trademarked his name & tried to file charges for trademark infringement on the attorney for his estranged wife, for using Gatewood's name in a petition for divorce without Gatewood's permission.

Posts: 124 | Location: West Texas | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For him, you might want to check out the new article 46.02B of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill Moore is the County Atty and Dale Hannah is the DA. Both are good guys. You may reach them at 817.556.6800.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does your Mr. Gatewood hail from Muleshoe, Bailey County? Few years ago Kim Gatewood cluttered up the real property records and the civil docket with his fine republic of texas work product. You might give the CA or DA in Bailey County a call for more 411. P.S. I do believe, if memory serves, Mr. Gatewood visited with professionals at the psychiatric hospital in Plainview (was called Lone Tree, not sure what name they're using now).

Posts: 56 | Location: Plainview, Texas | Registered: September 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if anyone outside of Northeast Texas heard, but the Republic of Texas now has a new capitol! Maybe you should just check with them for background on these folks? Here's the story from KLTV in Tyler/Longview:

08/30/03 - Longview
Republic of Texas Government Seats in Overton

Is Texas a state or an independent republic? A group of patriotic Texans have a vision for our state's future and it's based on our past. They're seeking independence once again for the Lone star state.

At a dedication in Overton, a building was bought by the "Republic of Texas", complete with a president and vice-president. They will set up a seat of government.

"We are now officially reborn with a capitol and all the things that a nation needs to once again be called the Republic of Texas," says Republic of Texas president Dan Miller. The group has been around for many years, and several generations have continued the fight, claiming Texas was never lawfully brought into the union of states.

But this group is peaceful and organized and holds no connection with the west Texas group that had a standoff with government agents back in 1995. "There was at one time a group claiming to be the Republic of Texas that tried armed rebellion, they are not part of us," member Robert Paris says.

"We want to convince Texans of what we are and of what we're about, and not the lies that have been portrayed in the past," says Republic vice president Lauren Savage. They have elected officials, commerce and security departments, a judicial system. Their plan is to educate people that Texas should be a sovereign nation.

Local residents are in a wait-and-see mode. "We'll I'm really unsure I don't know a lot about them , don't know a lot about their association or what their goals are," says Overton businesswoman Loretta Posey.

"As far as them being here I this is a free country I'm not against them being here but i don;t think it will be a great boom to this area for them to be here," says Overton resident Johnny Wright. Around 200 people attended todays event. This republic hopes to one day return to self rule.

Bob Hallmark reporting.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post