TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Jurors get 15 minutes of fame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurors get 15 minutes of fame Login/Join 
posted
My question is, would the networks have been so quick to throw the willing former Durst jurors on Good Morning America if they had found Durst guilty? Would that decision had made them "newsworthy"?

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SmileUnfortunately, this is a sign of the times and it will only get worse. I know even in Lubbock, America as I like to call this place, it is harder to convict a person and and have it upheld on appeal than it was nine years ago when I started in this business. The jurors leaning out the window and waving to the media says it all. Frown

Posts: 15 | Location: lubbock, tx, usa | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The acquitted Durst (in the form of an actor) made an appearance on Saturday Night Live last night. He was referred to, I think, as a "Neighbor Chopper". How quickly TV picks up on the absurd.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, the Judge gets 15 minutes of fame: Houston Chronicle.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post