TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    mental disability sexual assault
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mental disability sexual assault Login/Join 
posted
We are trying a sexual assault against a disabled adult. Mother's long time boyfriend had repeated sexual relations with mother's adult, mentally challenged, daughter. He is a de facto step-father but not technically. The victim did not want the sexual relationship but could not resist. The defendant will claim it was consensual. Our victim is high functioning and is able to hold down a job.

Has anyone used an expert that can testify about a victim's intellect and how that prevents someone from resisting the overtures of a domineering father figure? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it is worth...

On a sexual assault case I had previously I used the victim's counselor as the expert to testify about victim's actions. It only cost us travel and per diem and I believe he did as well as any hired gun expert we would have found.

I assume your victim has an MHMR counselor that you could use for the same.

Posts: 27 | Location: Odessa , Texas | Registered: June 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post