TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    public intoxication
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

public intoxication Login/Join 
posted
Is there an enhancement for a adult who has priors. I have the priors where he was previously convicted this way but can't find the statute that authorized it for an adult.

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sec. 12.43. PENALTIES FOR REPEAT AND HABITUAL MISDEMEANOR OFFENDERS. (c) If it is shown on the trial of an offense punishable as a Class C misdemeanor under Section 42.01 or 49.02 that the defendant has been before convicted under either of those sections three times or three times for any combination of those offenses and each prior offense was committed in the 24 months preceding the date of commission of the instant offense, the defendant shall be punished by: (1) a fine not to exceed $2,000; (2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days; or (3) both such fine and confinement.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of using the enhancement provisions under Tex. Penal Code § 12.43 for one of my Habitual
Misdemeanor Offenders. Does anyone have a complaint/information that uses this for guy with a Class A conviction that now has a new Class A that I am going to file? I appreciate the help. email me!

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post