TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Prosecutor as a Witness???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prosecutor as a Witness??? Login/Join 
posted
I am currently prosecuting Joe Defendant on 5 felony charges. It is a cluster...fart. Joe Defendant has sued his former defense attorney in JP court. Former defense attorney wants to call me as a witness on his behalf to "prove" that he earned his attorney's fees. Prosecution of Joe Defendant is still pending. I do not feel comfortable testifying as a witness in the civil suit - my question is, if I am served and testify, will that preclude me (and possibly my office) from prosecuting Joe Defendant? Former defense attorney informed me this morning that I am needed tomorrow. Great.

Posts: 52 | Location: 21st District | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not directly applicable, because you are not the attorney of record in the fee dispute case, 208 S.W.3d at 76 may provide a starting point. Of course, you also have no personal knowledge of what the attorney did in many respects.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post