TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Defendant Grammar/Spelling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Defendant Grammar/Spelling Login/Join 
posted
Am I the only one who despairs for our educational system and our future when I read statements from suspects or witnesses? Here's part of the one I just read:

"I wint to the houm to fiks the ripstik nokt on the dor a amnada ansrd the dor and i ask if I cud coum in tofiks me ripstik she sind yes... I got up and whit awt sidy and my mom and my dad was out sidy i ask my dad if i cud sate to nity tha sid yes and my dad sid i am tirdy if my haus bring a hotill..."

This guy is 19. At first, I wasn't sure this was written in English.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you prosecuting a LOLcat?

Or maybe Robert Burns.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I wint to the houm to fiks the ripstik nokt on the dor a amnada ansrd the dor and i ask if I cud coum in tofiks me ripstik she sind yes... I got up and whit awt sidy and my mom and my dad was out sidy i ask my dad if i cud sate to nity tha sid yes and my dad sid i am tirdy if my haus bring a hotill...".[/QUOTE]

Upon review it's clear to me that his ripstick was broken after it talked to his dad on the porch and went to the hotel---whats the problem? LOL.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bet he gave a "rejestized" statement, didn't he?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he will ask for preferred adjudification as well.

Posts: 95 | Location: Marble Falls, TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After he fixed his broken ripstik, he got new strings for his banjo.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hooked on Fonix!

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, guys, but I can beat that one - -

Ever respond to a "hava corpse" motion??!!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that what you use in lieu of habeas corpus to get someone released from the morgue?

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been born and raised in a small, hick town, I am able to read, decipher and speak "Hillbonics"....comes in quite handy when reading jail mail. Smile

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our public schools are more worried about teaching our kids how to pass a TEST, than they are about providing a true education.

Text messaging, MySpace and computers with spell check aren't helping either.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
"Money loddering""

Not kidding.

And just now- "manurizms"

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon,

If your badge just had "8th Grade" added to it (along with "the mark of Zorro"), then the badge would be perfect! (I'd love to order about a dozen of those for people I know.)

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Swain:
Is that what you use in lieu of habeas corpus to get someone released from the morgue?

I think it is what you file before you tender a corpse to the morge. (For those of you that have a corpse or two out in the yard, that you are tired of having to mow around.)

Posts: 44 | Location: Amarillo, Tx, USA | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
STOP! This conversation belongs on the "corroboration, cowobboration" thread!

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post