TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Jury View
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jury View Login/Join 
posted
My boss and I are trying a non-death capital case on July 30th. We would like to show the jury the actual truck where the murder was committed because it will greatly aid their understanding under the facts of the case. Does a written motion for a jury view need to be filed? If so, does anyone have one that they have done previously? I have had little luck in finding anything in other sources. Thanks!

Posts: 11 | Registered: April 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You do not have to file a special motion. I would just give the defense and the Court a long "heads up", and handle the logistics in pretrial.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

posted Hide Post
I would give the trial court a copy of Mauricio v. State, 153 SW3d 389, and ask him to follow the procedures done in that case. That's the case in which the CCA reversed itself after a zillion years of saying that jury views are condemned in this state.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! The Judge allowed the jury to view the truck in the case. I have saved the case for future reference.