TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    statistical poll for budgeting purposes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

statistical poll for budgeting purposes Login/Join 
posted
I would greatly appreciate any and all input. We are assimilating the data to hopefully justify additional personnel to assist with criminal prosecution.

The information needed is for a one year time period. I would appreciate the following information:
Number of new misdemeanors filed-
Number of misd. MTRs filed-
Number of attorneys assigned to misd.cases-
Number of direct support staff for attys.-

Please e-mail the information to remerson@co.kerr.tx.us . When I have assimilated all the information I will e-mail the results to any contributors. Thank you for your help!

Posts: 61 | Location: Kerrville, Tx | Registered: June 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into the OCA data that is online? Check out: http://www.courts.state.tx.us/pubs/annual-reports.asp

Each year, OCA publishes the data it collects from the counties and appellate courts. You can find things like new misdemeanors, new felonies, dispos, death penalty verdicts. All kinds of useful stuff for budgeting purposes. Plus, as it comes from a state agency, it is harder to challenge the validity of the data. That said, it isn't perfect. I've been involved in budget report since 1999, and OCA numbers have never matched internal numbers. And they don't publish everything you might want. But, it is free and easily accessed. Some of it is in excel format and some in pdf.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post