TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Jail Mail Theater
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jail Mail Theater Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alissa A. Jackson:
Well, I'm lost. Who is on the borrowed Wal-mart scooters? The ventriloquist? The house band? The audience?

No, Alissa, you're not lost and I must say, not bad at all. I see we'll be getting an interesting performance from you.

But to answer your questions, Lost is a TV show. AP is on the Wal-Mart scooter cart chasing loose women through the venue parking lot, whilst serenading them with his best 16th century lute riffs, roughly translated to banjo. JB is the ventriloquist, channelling SB, and I'm just the drummer in the house band. We're all in the audience.

And Erik N is Maynard Krebs.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There has to be a category for those of us who can't make it, like Stacy. This is the one thing that makes me sorry I won't be in Corpus this year. Darn it!

Jane, how about a subcategory of prosecutor name calling by mail? I have at least two defendant's who didn't like me enough to put it in writing where I got to see it.

No death threats yet, though.

jk

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to ask for a shuffle.

Take your letter, pass it one to the right, continue.

Do Wop

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JK,

I have been called a shyster, bar terrorist and road nazi in filings. A rolling billboard proclaims me a "butcher of the constitution."

Fortunately, I feel I am in good company as the DA, DA's Investigator and the Presiding Judge have also been called everything but shyster's. I get to hold that singular distinction myself.

Gordon

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pirates, you ask? Seems the Republic of Texas people believe that being arrested by police officers is equivalent to being held hostage by pirates - no legal authority in their view.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been called a pirate but I bet Brumley has been, especially during that phase when he wore the faux patch over his eye and had the fascination with parrots.

But that's another story...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JK McCown:

Jane, how about a subcategory of prosecutor name calling by mail? I have at least two defendant's who didn't like me enough to put it in writing where I got to see it.

jk

How about some examples? Don't just keep us hanging, pun intended.

posted Hide Post
Oh Jane, sage of the mail from jail, in this activity can we substitute postings of lurkers on this forum in lieu of jail mail, at least for one of our entries?

posted Hide Post
My mail ends up in the form of a Petition in Federal Court.

Posts: 15 | Location: Bastrop,Texas | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a great idea 5 years ago, but we never executed it. I say we do it this year! This should be plenty of time for perusing and selecting jail mail for your entries. For instance, here's one I just read: "Someone told me something about conjugal visits. I'll have to look into tht once I get to TDC. I hope it's true because I really need you. . .BADLY! You're my medicine that keeps this deadly bacteria of pain and suffering away from my immune system, Ma." (Yes, he calls his woman "Ma.")
WHO'S IN?

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in, under the following conditions:

1. Brumley will agree to be the moderator and will agree to speak the whole evening in a very exaggerated british accent.

2. Newell will agree to be his co-moderator and speak in a very exaggerated french accent.

3. It would be nice if they would wear a tophat and tux with tails as well, but that wouldn't be as amusing as the accents.

posted Hide Post
Brumley is in, as long as he can wear flip flops with the tux. I have no problem with that.

No response from our esteemed appellate guru Mr. Newell as of yet.

As an aside, one of the prosecutors in our office used to work for Dobb's Fried Chicken in Lockhart. I'll see if I can talk Justin into making some chicken for the festivities. Big Grin