TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    continuous sexual abuse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

continuous sexual abuse Login/Join 
posted
I'm preparing an indictment for Continuous sexual abuse, and I'm a little confused about which dates to allege. Obviously, I must allege a range of dates greater than 30 dates. However, do I also include dates for each of the acts I allege constitute the sexual abuse? Or do I just prove up dates within the range during trial? Hope that makes senses. Any advice is much appreciated!

Posts: 11 | Location: Wilco | Registered: September 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is how I do it:

Defendant during a period of time of thirty or more days in duration, and anterior to the presentment of this indictment in the County of Galveston and State of Texas, did commit at least two acts of sexual abuse against a child younger than fourteen years of age, including an act constituting the offense of indecency with child by contact committed against (victim) on or about March 1, 2010, and an act constituting the offense of indecency with child by contact committed against (victim) on or about April 1, 2011, and an act constituting the offense of indecency with child by contact committed against (victim) on or about December 1, 2011, and the Defendant was at least seventeen years of age at the time of the commission of each of those acts heretofore on or about March 1, 2010, through December 1, 2011.

Posts: 106 | Location: Galveston, Tx. | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post