Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Naked Thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the metaphor chosen by Ms. Burton to explain her frustration. Is she complaining about the forceful action being taken by the city or the cavity chosen for the use of that force?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alvin cheerleader's dad outraged by suspension

By RICHARD STEWART
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

ALVIN � The father of a 13-year-old Alvin Junior High cheerleader said the school district overstepped its bounds when it suspended his daughter for taking a cell phone photo of another cheerleader getting out of the shower during a sleepover in his home.

"This makes me realize how little control I have over my daughter when the school district can take action something that happened at my home on a Saturday," Michael Bailey said.

Bailey said school officials overreacted on Nov. 6 when they suspend five eighth-grade students in the incident. Officials said it became a school issue when several boys were looking at the photo on the junior high campus.

"They acted on the hearsay," Bailey said, complaining that officials suspended the students without seeing the photo.

The board took no action on the issue Tuesday.

Bailey said he welcomed an investigation on the issue by law enforcement agencies. No charges have been filed.

About a dozen people at the meeting wore T-shirts distributed by Bailey that said "Cheer the truth," and listed the Web site Alvincheer.com. He set up the site to tell his family's side of the story.

He has also offered a $1,000 reward for any copy of the photo, which he said was deleted from the children's cell phones before any adults saw it.

The photo, he said, was small and blurry and only showed the girl's back. It was taken as a joke, he said.

Bailey, a 42-year-old insurance agent, said the photo was taken Nov. 3 after the two other cheerleaders had spent the night with his daughter.

He admits his daughter took the photo. Another girl sent the photo to a boy. School district officials said two other boys got copies of the photo on their cell phones.

Bailey said his daughter should not have been punished by the school district for something that happened off campus and not at a school function.

School district officials said the students were suspended after the boys were found looking at the photo at the school on Nov. 5.

Both girls and the three boys, all 13, were suspended from school for three days. In addition, the boys were also given two days in-school suspension for having their cell phones turned on at school.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this story would fit well here. Speaking of cheerleaders...

Just finished trying a Jerry Springer-esque agg robbery trial. My victim, a "former" stripper now working as a "waitress" at an austin strip bar, brought friends and family to watch her testimony and serve as moral support.

During a break, our victim witness coordinator found one of my victim's "support group" in the restroom standing on a toilet, fully clothed in a very tight and undersized flamboyant outfit, stall door open, checking herself out in the waist high wash basin mirror immediately opposite the stalls. To check herself out full length in the waist high mirror, she had to elevate herself to get the full length perspective.

It sorta reminded me of that football movie "The Replacements" with their cheerleaders. Except my situation wasn't funny.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, GG, that's for another thread. This is the Naked Thread.

posted Hide Post
Here you go, GG:

quote:
[A] stripper at an austin strip bar, brought friends and family to watch her . . . in the restroom . . . checking herself out.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
Sorry, GG, that's for another thread. This is the Naked Thread.

Perhaps we need a new thread entitled "stupid stripper tricks".

The case did, however, involve nakedness, as the victim testified her drug dealing boyfriend/husband by proxy marriage/baby's daddy was naked in the bath when the "alleged" home invasion occurred. The naked boyfriend was then "allegedly" beaten to an "alleged" pulp by one of the invaders, who had been the naked boyfriend/husband by proxy/baby's daddy's protector during a prior prison stint for both.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 12-14-07 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Greg,
You didn't tell us what the jury did. Don't keep us in suspense!

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first loss in 7 years or so. Thought you might have guessed that, Lisa. The fact I was able to keep the jury out for two hours was a moral victory. The juror I spoke with said they thought D was guilty but that there was too much doubt with all of the lying going on. Then he added that the D's reaction at the NG verdict told him that in fact the D was guilty. That's why talking with jurors after a NG verdict is always a losing proposition.

There were several crucial facts about which the stripper and her non-stripper eyewitness had "forgotten to tell the state". Nonetheless, we felt the crime had occurred, despite the lying about collateral matters. Prevarication never makes a case get better, particularly when the State is surprised by it.

I'm reminded of a band I once heard of in Houston, some years ago, called "Strippers Lie".
I didn't know those band members, but they obviously knew strippers.

posted Hide Post
Crawford Co. Man Arrested for Ax Attack

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 11:13 AM MST

La Crosse, WI -

A 52-year-old Wauzeka man has been arrested after he attacked Crawford County sheriff's deputies with an ax and then barricaded himself in his home.

Crawford County Sheriff Jerry Moran and Prairie du Chien Police Chief Mike King say deputies responded to Wauzeka Thursday night for a report of a man acting strangely. When they arrived at the man's home, he had locked the front door.

When deputies knocked on the door, the man suddenly appeared at the door, naked, holding a double-bitted ax. The man began to come outside, but then went back inside the house and swung the ax. The ax went through the door, but did not hit any deputies.

A special operations team attempted to negotiate with the man for about three hours. Then, the naked man ran screaming out of his home about 7:20 p.m. and charged law enforcement officers. Authorities say the man was shot with a taser and rubber bullets. The man was not injured, nor were any law enforcement personnel.

The man was transported to a hospital in Boscobel for treatment. Charges are pending for the incident.

Posts: 234 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mystery Man Arrested for Web Attack

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 11:13 AM MST

Somewhere Town, TX -

A 52-year-old web poster has been arrested after he impersonated a Texas prosecutor and then barricaded himself in his home.

Williamson County law enforcement officials say deputies responded to the blog poster Thursday night for a report of a man acting strangely. When they arrived at the man's home, he had locked the front door.

When deputies knocked on the door, the man suddenly appeared at the door, naked, holding a double-bitted ax. The man began to come outside, but then went back inside the house and swung the ax. The ax went through the door, but did not hit any deputies.

A special operations team attempted to negotiate with the man for about three hours. Then, the naked man ran screaming out of his home about 7:20 p.m. and charged law enforcement officers. Authorities say the man was shot with a taser and rubber bullets. The man was not injured, nor were any law enforcement personnel.

The man was transported to a hospital for treatment. Charges are pending for the incident.

posted Hide Post
Sounds like Grassy Knoll got SWATed.

posted Hide Post
That is the perfect law enforcement story, JB. Almost...

I'm channeling Scotty B here, but I know he'd say that is the perfect law enforcement story, exceptin' there is nothing about noodling, sherry alternate administration apparatus (apparati if more than one?), banjo playing super cops, old man hot rods or the rain.

The Grassy Knoll, indeed.

posted Hide Post
Man accused of stealing bra

Santa Fe police have arrested a neighbor of a woman who reported that some of her undergarments had been stolen. Charles Michael Clark, 30, has been charged with burglary and is free on $20,000 bail.

Sgt. Eric Bruss said that during the Thanksgiving holiday, the woman returned to her home in the town south of Houston after being out of town and found a barefoot man in the living room. Bruss said the man fled.

Clark was arrested Dec. 23 outside his home, police said.

The woman, whose name has not been released, reported that a bra and some underwear were missing.

Clark told KTRK television that he had been doing drugs and was "stoned and stupid." He apologized during the TV interview.

"I took her bra, but I didn't know nothing about her panties," Clark said.

posted Hide Post
Dec 31, 2007 6:19 pm US/Central

Mankato Police Shoot, Kill Naked Intruder
Reporting Lisa Kiava

MANKATO, Minn. (WCCO) � Police shot and killed a naked man who apparently broke into a Mankato, Minn. apartment and threatened the officers with broken glass.

Police said they were called by some young women who came home to find a naked man damaging things in their apartment. Neighbors said the residents were college-age women.

The officers who responded late Sunday tried to subdue the man and were injured.

"During the struggle, the officers were attacked by the man wielding broken pieces of glass and he was fired upon and killed," said a press release from the Mankato Department of Public Safety. It's believed to be the first time Mankato Police have ever shot and killed someone.

The police spokesman said three officers were attacked by the suspect, who was armed with glass from a broken mirror and possibly a broken pipe. Officers attempted to use tasers but couldn't subdue him. At least one officer fired his weapon, killing the suspect who was identified as 26-year-old Rick Vosburgh.

"This whole street right here was nothing but cops. There were probably 45 cop cars here," said one neighbor about the ordeal.

"We'd gotten a text message earlier this morning that something had gone down," said Wes Schuck, neighbor.

While neighbors wondered what happened, the mother of the man who was killed offered a reason, saying that her son's addiction to meth likely led to his bizarre behavior. Vosburgh mother believes that's why he was naked when he broke into the apartment.

When asked why three officers couldn't take one naked man into custody without using deadly force, the police spokesperson indicated that it's not uncommon for police to encounter someone under the influence of a substance or who suffers a mental illness to gain more strength.

Mankato Public Safety Director Jerry Huettl said the officers acted appropriately in shooting Vosburgh.

"It was apparent that this person had a tremendous amount of strength and was able to overcome the three officers," Huettl said. "There is nothing to indicate this should have ended any differently. I have no reason to believe any officer acted incorrectly."

Vosburgh mother said she tried to get her son into treatment for his meth addiction but he refused to go.

The three officers were treated and released from Immanuel St. Joseph's Hospital in Mankato. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension was investigating, with help from the city police.

Vosburgh mother said she tried to get her son into treatment for his meth addiction but he refused to go. The three officers were treated and released from Immanuel St. Joseph's Hospital in Mankato. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension was investigating, with help from the city police.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, Greg--the alleged panty/admitted bra thief is ours, not Brazoria County's. Unfortunately enough. I'll have to check the paper again, but I don't think Mr. Clark made the list of Galveston County's finest citizens of 2007.

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Distraught man undresses at courthouse

BRAD STUTZMAN
Editor

GEORGETOWN - Williamson County law enforcement personnel diffused a potentially dangerous situation Wednesday, when a distraught man surrendered to authorities after he had shouted from a second-floor balcony at the County Courthouse and then disrobed inside.

The man was not arrested, but after being coaxed back into his clothing, crisis intervention team members from the sheriff's office drove him to the Olin E. Teague Veterans Center in Temple. The man apparently had been treated at the Veterans Administration hospital in the past and is familiar with the facility.

Sheriff's office personnel the scene said the man would be given a psychiatric evaluation at the hospital.

The man - whose name has not been released - didn't threaten to harm anyone, although law officers did take from him a sword, carried in a sheath that looks like a cane.

"We need to be really proud of our mental unit," said County Judge Dan Gattis, who had just left the courthouse shortly before the 60-minute incident began unfolding at approximately 11 a.m.

"He didn't need to be in our jail, Gattis said. "Now if he had pulled that sword, we wouldn't have had any choice."

The individual - a white man who appeared to be in his 30s - arrived at Gattis' first-floor office around 10:30 a.m., the judge recalled.

"He just kind of wandered in," Gattis said.

The man said he needed "papers" of some kind and Gattis - before leaving to get a haircut - directed the man to the county clerk's office.

Soon after that the man went up on the second floor. He shouted something from a balcony, came back inside, and then started undressing. Which was when maintenance workers - who were taking down Christmas decorations - discovered him.

Sources said county employees and member of the public were never endangered.

Throughout the incident the man stayed on the second floor, where there is only the old 26th District courtroom and the commissioners courtroom. Neither facility was in use at the time.

At about noon the man - barefoot but otherwise clothed - apologized to first-floor employees as law officers took him from the building in handcuffs.

"Thank you, ladies," he said. "Sorry to disturb you."

posted Hide Post
So, according to the article, in Wilco, a naked, non-threatening man is "potentially dangerous." You guys really do take that nudity thing seriously, JB.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan, they do not tolerate nudism in Wilco. Or so I have heard...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E. Foley:
Sorry, Greg--the alleged panty/admitted bra thief is ours, not Brazoria County's. Unfortunately enough. I'll have to check the paper again, but I don't think Mr. Clark made the list of Galveston County's finest citizens of 2007.

Congrats, E! Even though I'm a Houston native, I get a little fuzzy on those border towns between Brazoria, Harris and Galveston counties.

posted Hide Post
Woman Sues County for Distributing Nude Photos She Sent to Husband in Jail
Woman Sues County for Distributing Nude Photos She Sent to Husband in Jail

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. � A woman whose husband was once incarcerated at the Mesa County jail has filed a claim of at least $100,000 against the county, saying jailers distributed nude photos she'd sent him.

Jessica Duran filed the claim Tuesday through Denver attorney Lonn Heymann. Such a claim is required before the plaintiff could sue.

Duran says her privacy and civil rights were violated, and that she has suffered emotional distress and humiliation.