TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Boating While Intoxicated
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boating While Intoxicated Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know, just offhand, if a DIC-17 must accompany a conviction for Boating While Intoxicated? Thanks,

Posts: 10 | Registered: December 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to let you know, a Game Warden wandered into the office yesterday, and he told me that if the boat is equipped with a motor larger than 50 horse power, then yes, a BWI conviction carries a driver's license suspension.

Posts: 10 | Registered: December 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See that now. It's in the definitions of §524.001 under definition of an alcohol related contact:

(3) “Alcohol-related or drug-related enforcement contact” means a driver's license suspension, disqualification, or prohibition order under the laws of this state or another state resulting from:
(A) a conviction of an offense prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle or watercraft while:
(i) intoxicated;
(ii) under the influence of alcohol; or
(iii) under the influence of a controlled substance;
(B) a refusal to submit to the taking of a breath or blood specimen following an arrest for an offense prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle or an offense prohibiting the operation of a watercraft, if the watercraft was powered with an engine having a manufacturer's rating of 50 horsepower or more, while:
(i) intoxicated;
(ii) under the influence of alcohol; or
(iii) under the influence of a controlled substance; or
(C) an analysis of a breath or blood specimen showing an alcohol concentration of a level specified by Section 49.01, Penal Code, following an arrest for an offense prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle or watercraft while intoxicated.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked our current forms list and there is no DIC-17 form listed.

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the form changed to a DL-117--Notice of Conviction sent by the Court to DPS. And even that form may have been superseded now.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You see, we're the putting cover sheets on all TPS reports before they go out. Did you see the memo about this?

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post