TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    I'm not a lawyer, but...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm not a lawyer, but... Login/Join 
posted
A Houston man named Perry Mason was arrested on Tuesday, accused of practicing law without a license, officials at the Harris County District Attorney's office said.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I knew it," said Hamilton Burger, a former antagonist of Mason who now operates a counseling service for despondent prosecutors. "No one with a real law license wins that often."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing his name wasn't Hannibal.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he is being framed. I'm confident that at his trial, the "real" fake lawyer, who is sure to be in the audience, will jump up and confess.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or the real crook will burst through the courtroom door filled with guilt just as the defense attorney is about to begin his argument.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
A Houston man named Perry Mason was arrested on Tuesday, accused of practicing law without a license ...

His parents are the ones who should've been arrested. If your last name is Mason, why would you ever name your kid "Perry"?!? Of course he was practicing law without a license--he's probably got PTSD from decades of hazing over his name.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose it's better than "Free"

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this the Perry Mason with the middle name "Popeye" (pronounced pa-pay-ya)? I remember a guy from law school who changed his name to that while in school. Seems like he also sued the school for several different things, like not being able to play on the women's volleyball team -- said it was a Title 9 violation or something. Would love to know if it's the same one. You always wonder what happens to people who change their name to Perry Popeye Mason, you know?

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post